24.2. Camp Prom, Part 2

[What I imagined as Avni's outfit, but you're free to imagine your own

[What I imagined as Avni's outfit, but you're free to imagine your own.]

♡♡♡♡♡

"Ricky!" Avni called the boy a couple feet ahead of her.

"Oh wow," he said when he saw her.

Avni grinned, "You think so?"

"Hell yeah. You look great."

"Wait till you see Gina."

"Wait till you see EJ."

"I already saw EJ."

"Oh right- because he's an over-enthusiastic idiot who's been wearing a suit all day."

Avni grinned, pushing the door to the barn.

"No, wait," Ricky said, opening it all the way himself. "M'lady," he bowed, clearing up a path for Avni.

Avni rolled her eyes and walked through, not bothering to wait for him, looking for EJ instead.

"Where's my thank you?" Ricky asked, catching up with her.

"For doing something I was already halfway through? How will I ever survive without you?" she deadpanned.

"It's called chivalry."

"Doesn't chivalry also include you paying for my meals and stuff? When have you ever done that, you cheapskate?"

"I don't feel like being chivalrous when you're dressed like a homeless man."

Avni scoffed, "How dare you?"

"Avni?"

"Carlos!" Avni exclaimed, hugging him. "You are slaying this outfit," she said.

"Are you kidding? Look at you! I'm loving the Diana Ross vibe."

"Oh, you don't even know. I told this girl at the company that we had a 70s theme, and she just on the spot sent me like fifty Pinterest posts of outfits, and most of them were colourized Diana Ross pictures. And she goes- pick. So I did, and the next day she had an outfit for me. I don't even know how- but it was flawless so I was like take my money."

Carlos smiled, "You seem different after New York."

"Really?"

"Yeah- you've got a different vibe."

"He's being nice- you just talk a lot more than you used to," Ricky said.

"That's 'cause I have stories. What have you been doing- skating around Salt Lake with that mean bitch Lily?"

"Okay, I feel very attacked right now."

"Good."

"I forgot how much you two bickered," Carlos said. Ricky and Avni grinned at each other.