18.2. Most Likely Too... Part 2

[Avni: Last night was a high, and this morning, I feel nauseous. My Julliard letter is here. I- yeah.]

"How was it?" Gina asked at rehearsals the next morning, too excited.

"Honestly? It was amazing. He's so sweet, and so cute." She paused, "But- I don't know- I felt too rude the whole time."

"What do you mean?" Gina frowned.

"I kept feeling like my personality was too brash for him. Like he's so nice and I felt pressured. But that's my problem, so we'll see where that goes."

Gina nodded, "Okay, but-"

"Have you seen Nini?" Ricky asked, coming out of nowhere.

"Every time I open Instagram," Avni said.

"Yeah, thanks. I meant in school."

Avni and Gina shook their heads.

"I think-" Gina started to say, but then Miss Jenn called EJ and Big Red to the front and Gina went to talk to them instead.

EJ and Gina were getting really close, Avni had to admit. They were all giggly and what-not. But it was none of her business.

The dancers stood on their marks, and Avni honestly didn't know what to expect. It had been a while since she'd had this much 'exposure' to EJ. They'd made up, but they mostly just greeted each other in passing.

Here we go.

The music cued, and Big Red started his lines.

"Gosh, it disturbs me to see you Gaston, looking so down in the dumps..."

Avni watched as moved around the 'stage', perfectly in sync with each other and the music.

Wow.

The choreography. The dancers. The composition. Just- everything was so amazing.

How did Big Red get so good at this?

And EJ- crushed it. Avni had sort of forgotten he could dance like that- and what dancing men did to her.

The stunts, the jumps, his lines and forms, his smile, his biceps- oof.

She couldn't take her eyes off him.

Old crushes die hard?

♡♡♡♡♡

"Effective immediately, this production will shut down rehearsal for one week as punishment for trespassing by order of the... Monkeys," Mr. Mazara said.

What?

"For the record, your competition has been punished as well. North High is benched for the week," he added.

What the hell.

"Feels generous," Ashlyn said.

"Miss Jenn, what are we gonna do? We can't lose a whole week when we haven't even started blocking the second act yet," Carlos said, sounding panic-y.

"North High is the one that stole our mask. How are they punished the same?" Avni asked.

"Exactly- they made the first move," Big Red remarked.

"I bet they're real glad they got away with this so easy," Kourtney said.

Angry murmurs broke out around the room.

"Maybe you could text Hrithik and find out," Gina said to Avni.

Avni nodded, "Hell yeah." She paused, "Wait what would I even say?"