13

The afternoon goes past smoothly and I think the boys are warming up to me. My sisters play around the yard but I find Beth and Mark talking quite a bit. The twins and Bethany go to the game room while Deborah sleeps and Caroline sits with my mother at the pool. I decide to go make a starter and a few salads with a dessert or pudding.

"Where are you going Love?" Ares asks as I stand up.

"I feel like cooking, you don't mind do you?" I ask

"Not at all." He says and i give him a kiss on the cheek as I make my way inside. I find the kitchen after a few minutes and I almost cry at how beautiful it is.

Against the light grey wooden floors, the black cupboards and marble countertops. I have a clear view of Ares as he barbeques the meat, he took off his suit jacket and shirt and is now only left in his pants and white vest that barely hides anything. He takes a gulp of his bourbon before turning around the meat and I watch as his addams apple bobs as he swallows the burning liquid.

Snap out of it!

I find a jar of Danish 'caviar' and know exactly what I'm going to make.

For a starter I make: Blini with caviar
                                       served with          
                                       chopped onion,
                                       sour cream and
                                       fresh lemon.
(Blini are buckwheat pancakes made in Russia for over a thousand years and in western Russia used to be made at a mother-in-law's house for her daughters husband.)

The main is: Made by Ares is the
                        Buttered leg of Lamb, T-
                        Bone steaks, Barbeque
                        spare Ribs and Trout
                        Parcels
                        An I make Coleslaw,
                        Cauliflower cheese and
                        Kachoomer.
(Kachoomer is a traditional Indian salad seasoned with chillies, cumin and vinegar before serving.)

For Dessert I make: Melktert, upside-
                                     down winter
                                     pudding and
                                     some ginger snaps.
(Melktert or milktart is famous in South Africa with a crumble base and a milklike filling dusted with cinnamon.)

As I take the winter pudding out of the oven Ares brings in the meat and I take a piece of the Lamb that he's already cut. He presses me up against the marble topped island.

"No no No, stealing meat from a hungry man." He says seductively

"It was just one piece Ares." I say and roll my eyes.

"What am I supposed to eat now?" He asks
"I just might eat you." He whispersin my ear and lightly bites my earlobe making me gasp.

I wrap my arms around his neck and  I feel him kiss down my neck. I hang my head back to give him more access and he puts his hands at the back of my thighs and I stiffen up.

"Relax love." He says and i take a deep breath before nodding. He lifts me as if I'm weightless and places me on the island. He pulls me closer to him and a soft squeal leaves me which makes him smirk against my neck.

"Oh my gosh Dad!" I hear Mark and I push Ares away from me immediately. I look at the direction of the voice and find a disgusted looking Mark at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Really kid!" Ares says clearly annoyed

"Uncle Kevin is here." He says and i hop off the island with a red face.

"I'm gonna kill him." Ares says.

"You've tried for such a long time but I'm still here." I hear a deep voice say and I find a rather skinny tall olive skin guy.
"You must be the goddess of beauty, I'm the handsome best friend." He says and walks over to us. He puts out his hand and I do the same, he kisses the back of my hand while looking into my eyes with his emerald green ones.

He's told me about Kevin a few times, best friend since high school. They started working the streets together and now they are business partners.

"Didn't I tell you that we're off for basket ball today?" Ares asks rudely

"Ares! Ask Wendy to add another plate at the table for Kevin." I tell him

"Damn K, she calls you Ares." Kevin says surprised.

"Why is that so surprising?" I ask

"No one calls him Ares, I did it once and he..." He says but is cut off by Ares

"Are you staying or not?" He asks

"Who cooked? You know you can't cook bro." He asks

"He made the meat and I made the rest, ooh the ginger snaps." I say as I remember them in one of the multiple ovens.
"They smell so good." I mumble as I inhale the ginger scent.

I put the upside down pudding on a cake stand and smile at the pear and cherry design that came out just how I imagined it. The talking of two friends turn to a language I don't understand. I wish i could understad what they were saying. A couple minutes later I'm carrying the food to the large dining room table that has been set up nicely, thanks to Wendy.

"Wendy could you please go call the boys and my mother?" I ask and she nods and leaves. Muscular arms wrap around my waist after I put down the last plate and I smile.

"We'll finish our little session later." He whispers in my ear and places a kiss in the crook of my neck. He pulls out the chair to the right of the head chair and I sit down, he sits down at the head of the table. Kevin sits down across from me and I watch as the rest of the people make their way in and sit down.

Kevin puts a piece of meat on his plate and I hit the back of his hand before giving him a mean glare.

"We need to say grace first." I say and take my mother and Ares hands and I watch as everyone follows my example.
"Ares please say grace for us." I say and I hear a chuckle come from Kevin followed by a groan and I peak open one eye to see Kevin with a pained expression on his face.

"Heavenly father we thank you for this food, we ask that you bless the hands that prepared it and all of us as we eat it. Thank you for family and love in Jesus name I pray Amen." He says and i open my eyes and smile at him.

"Amen indeed." I say and we all dig in.

Oh I'm starving!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hey my loves I hope you enjoyed this tiny chapter

Love You All
Vote and Comment
With love from:
~V.T.W
😘