26

Ares is laying on the same hospital bed that he has been all week. In a comma that he just won't wake up from.

The doctors say that all we can do is wait for him to wake up. My mother has been sending letters and calling Peter all this time while he was in jail so I sent her to a medical institution. He's brainwashed her, that's what the doctor said when I explained our situation.

The kids are fine and the maids have been caught, they did work for him in and it broke my heart a bit at that. Mark, Michael and I have created a bond in the last week.

I remember when I got to the house from the hospital and told them what happened to their father.

"Its not your fault." Mark said after a second.

"I'm sorry for what he did to You, you didn't deserve it. No one does." Michael said which surprised me.

And that was the starting point of our bond.

I still haven't met their mother but I could honestly care less about her. She doesn't even care that the father of her kids is in a coma.

All I can do is wait and hope for the best.

♡♡♡
Ares' POV

I'm asleep, or dreaming. That is something I know at least. I don't know for how long I've been asleep. It feels like I'm in water, like I'm drowning.

But every now and then I hear a voice talking to me, I can't make out what this person is saying but I know that it's a woman by the softness in her voice. It feels like the water is going away but as soon as her voice is gone I fall back into the water.

Flashbacks of the hardest times in my life haunt my dreams from the time that I took my first life till the time I had to torture people. I have done some horrible things in my life but I guess it's expected in my line of work.

There's a woman that I can't quite see in my dreams but I hear her say that she loves me. Like right now I am dreaming about her, all I see are her small hands in my big ones but I hear her voice loud and clear.

"I love you Ares." She says.

I feel something warm in my hand and I hear that soft murmur as the dream fades away and all I see is the water. Her voice becomes louder and I can see the surface of the water.

Just a little more.

And I'll be out of the water.

My hand twitches, I wiggle my toes. I try to open my eyes but it feels like they're  glued shut.

I can feel myself drift back again.

No

No no I'm so close

I'm almost there

I'm slipping

I'm back in the water but this time I don't dream about my life I don't dream at all.

I'm alone in the water with nothing but that tiny voice to guide me.

♡♡♡
Aphrodite's POV

My phone ringing wakes me from a deep dreamless sleep. I groan as I roll over and answer my phone through a sleepy haze.

"Hello?" I say with a deep morning voice, I clear my throat and try again and it sounds a bit better this time.

"Ma'am the Don is awake and he wants to see you." A nurse says through the phone and I jump off the bed before telling her that I'll be there in 10 minutes.

It's his hospital, as Kevin told me so everyone has signed a non disclosure contract about his whereabouts and health status, which I'm happy about.

I don't even care about putting clothes on as I run out of the house in my pajamas and fluffy slippers that look like rabbits. I pull my hair into a messy bun as soon as I get in the cab and tell him to step on it. I jog through the lobby and up the stairs not caring about using the elevator and push his door open.

There lays the love of my life, awake, his chest on full display. His bottom half covered by nothing but my pink quilt that has multiple butterflies on it and looks way too girly on him but who cares? He's awake.

"Hi Ares, how do you feel?" I ask as I make my way over to his bed. His eyes snap up to me and I see him visually relax.

"It's You, you talked to me everyday." He says and i mentally melt at the sound of his velvet like voice.

"Yeah of course I was here everyday, the boys are fine and don't worry about anything. Kevin is handling business and I'm looking after the kids, you just focus on getting better." I tell him and sit at his feet. I let my hand run down his stubble covered cheek.

"Boys?" He asks with clear confusion written all over his face.

"Yeah your kids Mark and Michael. They're fine I made sure of it, now what did the doctors say?" I ask

"I have kids? Fuck how old am I?" He asks and i frown

"You don't remember who you are?" I ask

"Bits and pieces but I remember your voice while I was in the coma. The doctor said that I'll probably remember everything in a few weeks or longer. So you're my wife?" He asks

"No I'm your girlfriend. You don't remember Mark and Michael?" I ask as I feel the tears starting to surface.

"I remember two babies and a woman who doesn't look like you." He says and holds his head in his hands
"Fuck! Why can't I remember anything!?" He shouts and tugs at his hair.

"Hey, we'll figure this out together okay? Ares that was 12 years ago, you're 32 now and those babies are 12 years old." I tell him

"I'm 32?" He asks and i nod
"I'm just kidding love come here." He says with a smile and I playfully slap his arm. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth as he pulls me against his chest with his strong arms.

"I hate you right now." I mumble against his chest as I let the tears of joy fall.

"I love you too Aphrodite and no force on this planet will ever make me forget that." He says and kisses the top of my head.

He's a stupid romantic idiot.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hey my loves I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Love You All
Vote and Comment
With love from:
~V.T.W
😘