Slytherin's Pride Matches No Other But Who Says Gryffindor Isn't The Same?

There is nothing really new to have everyone’s attention the moment they step on the floor of Great Hall. It will be a mundane thing when you have Luhan by your side. Despite of wearing identical uniforms and only varied on the color of their scarfs and lining of their robes, Luhan still managed to overpower them all. He’s not even making an effort to make himself beautiful. He’s just … too enthralling. Even when he just woke up, his face has that natural glow that no one seems could ever have. His plump lips that doesn’t need a lip gloss just to make it luscious. His flushing cheeks sprinkled by faint freckles, thick luxurious golden brown locks that are silky and moving fluidly with the air even he hasn’t taken a bath yet. And among all those breathtakingly stunning features, his eyes are such a sight to behold. Unlike the classic cold blue eyes of other part veelas, Luhan has a peculiar yet enticing emerald green orbs. His radiant eyes are like a hue of fresh spring, glistening brightly… bold like green threads that woven to create nature and similar to the House shade that he hated. Up until now, Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that he’s friends with a beguiling person like Luhan. It’s as though he doesn’t belong to this world because his beauty is unparalleled. Countless students, even since they were first year fancied and still fancies the veela from the Lion’s House. Even Do Kyungsoo isn’t an exception.

Kyungsoo belongs to a House who has an inclination with dark magic and thank Merlin that his mother decided to marry a muggleborn which is his father. It is like spitting on his great great grandfathers grave because he hated their tradition, customs and centennial thinking. What’s with the obsession of blood purity? Being a halfblood and muggleborn doesn’t make you less of a wizard and witch. Magic still runs through the blood of those muggleborns, the same blood that coursed through the veins of Merlin and the four founders of Hogwarts. He also hated how wizards and witches enslaved other creatures thinking they are superior among others. Goblins and elves are creatures that can use their magic without any support, wizards on the other hand are just bunch of foolish pups without their precious magical stick. Kyungsoo was so determined to spite all the purebloods but it changed the moment he met Luhan.

At first, Kyungsoo thought that he’s just like other purebloods who are pretentious and only wanted recognition from other people. Even as a halfblood and lived with muggle society for years, he knew who Luhan was, the heir of House of Xi and one of the glorified beauty of the wizarding world. He’s the talk of their town and even foreign wizards and witches are already seeking for the House’s favor and approval to be one of the precious veela’s potential suitors. He thought that the talk about the heir is just an utter exaggeration, purebloods afterall have exceptional skills in dramatics but he was proven wrong when he finally met Luhan. Luhan who didn’t stammer and instantly befriend him despite the snobby and looks of disdain he garnered from other purebloods. The delicate flower of a light family couldn’t care less, stubborn and pertinacious, unbending will and principle, blood of Godric Gryffindor truly flows on his stream.

Luhan isn’t a typical pureblood because he’s the only one who made him understand the need for those tediously boring customs and traditions. He became the eventual key for Kyungsoo to accept his other half of bloodline. He’s the reason why Kyungsoo tried to go out of his comfort zone, ride with the wind (because that’s the only way that he could have Luhan for himself, being invited to the Xi manor to play Quidditch but later on learned to love it) and the one who brought them all in a group despite of their diverse and clashing attributes. Afterall, he’s not the only one who fell under Luhan’s allure.

There’s Park Chanyeol who is dumb enough to lose his toad right after getting off the train when they were a mere cubs and it was the kindhearted darling veela who found his toad. Kim Minseok who also took a liking of Luhan when he saw him once during flying lesson with Madam Qian. Kyungsoo has a hunch that the Minseok’s affection to Luhan prompted Jongdae to play a prank with the latter resulting to the raging wrath of Oh Sehun.