Denial At Its Finest

Everyone seems to be in complete chaos and disarray when the heir of House of Xi suddenly barged in on the gates with his known nemesis levitated in tow. This should not be a surprise at all because contrary to the nature of their relationship, Oh Sehun and Xi Luhan are attached to hip, where there is Luhan, there is also Sehun but one thing that is different this time is the apparent anxiety and concern marring his beautiful face. It is accompanied by tremendous and uncontrollable surge of energy rippling through the cold winter wind. His golden locks shimmers, edges are cracking with raw power of a veela and eyes burning in bright royal purple. Definitely not the usual shade of sea grass green which made them even more enthralling.

In normal circumstances, Luhan’s allure will make anyone even a beast to submit without a knut of dread. But this blatant display of power isn’t meant to comfort a being but to impose an absolute fear inflicting perturbation. The last time that they’ve felt this immense terror was when the metamorphmagus himself sought for punishment to those who have wronged Luhan. That’s when they realized that the part veela isn’t that different from Sehun.

“Go away.” Luhan commanded in his cold yet melodious voice, still musical to everyone’s ears.

Nearby students scampered away from the veela’s way. Their chest laboured, trying to inhale a lungful of air but failed to do because it seems like their lungs preferred to have the overwhelming magical presence of the most beautiful resident of Hogwarts in its place. It’s as though their body’s completely under Luhan’s control, robbed of their senses, rationality and will. Any command that Luhan will utter will surely be followed, compelling anyone, no matter how absurd it is. It is akin to one of the unforgivable curses, the imperious curse but the enchantment Luhan can naturally cast can’t be counteracted by a simple spell. If Luhan will compel them to stop breathing, they will ridiculously follow. If he will tell someone to jump and kill themselves, they will do it willingly, right this instant. That’s how dangerous the veela is. They could only watch as Luhan made his way toward the hospital wing while those who were compelled fell on their knees trembling for they finally witnessed the extent of the beauty’s power.

As much as they wanted to know what happened, they opted to exclude themselves from the predicament. The last thing they wanted is to incur the wrath of the resident Gryffindor. They have countlessly watched how smitten and besotted the Slytherin’s seeker, saw his ways to ward off those insignificant suitors and witnessed Oh Sehun’s capability to protect what is his. They have all seen that but never Luhan’s. They watched how Luhan’s friends attempted to went inside the hospital wing but failed to do so because of the presence of protective barrier encapsulating the entire wing and there is no doubt that it is the part veela’s doing. No one can infiltrate the wing. Even the Heads of both Gryffindor and Slytherin can’t do anything about it.

“Mr. Oh is already fine. He already took a blood replenishing potion so all of you, vacate this place!” Madam Eunjung, the Hogwart’s mediwitch said while pointing at the lump of students from different houses. She then whispered to Professor Jung and Professor Choi. Whatever she said to them prompted both Heads to usher the students back to their respective dormitories. And there’s only one question that’s bugging them.

What is truly going on between those two?

In mundane days, the hospital wing are usually filled with students whom got their spells gone wrong, some are victims of Jongdae’s and Minseok’s pranks so an almost empty and unoccupied beds are rare occurrence. Minus that one bed which is apparently occupied by a certain Slytherin.