chapter 10

once we get back to dauntless I write the rankings for the first stage

1. Killian

2. Rachel

3. Alistair

4. finn

5. Emy

6. Tess

7. Harry

8. Tommy

Tommy's still at the bottom, he hasn't actually moved up the rankings at all. its his incapability to hurt someone. he has to a kind heart to hit someone, he needs to improve in the fear landscapes if he wants to stay here. and I mean dramatically improve.

most of the initiates don't pay attention to the rankings and just flop on their beds and fall asleep but Tommy and Harry stay up to see them along with Tess. the must have been worried sick, I know  how they feel; being at the bottom like that, waiting to see if you are last. luckily no one will be factionless, yet, as there went enough transfers to make that rule, but during the final stage of training - they better be ready against the dauntless borns.

I don't remember walking back to the apartment I share with Tobias as I feel his strong arms wrap around me.

"night tris" he whispers "i love you" im too far asleep to answer but I let his words echo in my mind as I sleep.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I stand alone in the hallway, near the fear landscape room, where are the initiates? they should be hear by now. where is tobias? he was with me a minute ago, I walk along the paths of dauntless to the training room. I open the door and see the initiates gathered round a man and a woman who are speaking to them. I step closer. they turn around. the man is tobias and the woman is some dauntless I have never seen before.

"four, what's going on?" I ask "shouldn't you be in the fear landscape room? and who's this?" I gesture to the woman. tobias looks at me confused 

" i'm sorry, do I know you?" he says "and this is my girlfriend, and assistant trainer  sam"

" what?" I say "im tris, your girlfriend"

"i don't know a tris, and you look kinda young to be my girlfriend, what are you? 15?" he says, embarrassed

"Tobias" I say "im 18, how do you not know me, I've been with you for 2 years, stop playing and lets go"  his face changes, he looks angry, in 3 large steps he comes towards me and locks a hand around my throat, I gasp for air but I cant breath

" HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" he shouts, his voice seems to earthquake my world

"Tobias" I wheeze "please stop, your hurting me" his grip gets tighter

"don't you dare call me that again, my name is four" he says into my face and drops me, I cough and splutter on the floor until I can breathe normal again, why would tobias do that, I thought he loved me, but now he doesn't know me? I hear a click from behind. I turn to see Eric standing there, gun in hand, and pointing his gun at me. what the hell is going on?

"well well well" he sneers "if it isn't little 'ol Tris Prior, you should have been disposed off with the rest of the divergent, 15 years ago looks like your overdue, i'll do the right thing tho and bump up you appointment with you maker toooo.." he looks at his watch "now"  Bang. Nothing.

I bolt upright screaming and gasping for air, I look around, thank god it was just a dream.

"Tris, Tris, are you okay?" tobias puts a hand on my shoulder but I smack it off 

"get away from me" I shout, why am I angry with him, why am I shouting? it was just a dream. tobias shuffles to the edge of the bed and looks at me, I meet his eyes and see the concern in them, and the tears, "sorry" I whisper "bad dream"

"its okay" he says quietly "do you need a minute?"

"no I need you" I say "please, just, come back over here" I pat the bed and he shuffles back over, he lies down and I lie back too, I rest my head o his chest and put an arm over his torso, he pulls me in with his arm and hugs me and hisses the top of my head

"its okay" he repeats "your safe"

"i love you" I say and fall back to sleep.