chapter 14

we try our best for the next few days to get the initiates ready for their final tests. none of them wanted to go through their fear landscapes at first, but we managed to get things back on track.

the Final tests are tomorrow and we have been working like crazy. especially with Tommy. Tobias has been taking tommy to the fear landscape room most nights after everyone is asleep to practice. Tommy just cant get through a simulation without revealing his divergence. I have to admit that im scared.

Killian, Rachel and Emy all had 9 fears but overcame 1

Tess has 11

harry has 13

and Tommy had 15 but is amazingly down to 9. I didn't realise how brave he was until now.

on the way back to our apartment, Tobias takes my hand.

"its almost over" he says

"hmmm" I look up at him

"initiation, its almost over, then we'll have to go back to work"

"ugh, I can't go without seeing you for 1 hour let alone a day" I moan, he slips his arm around me

"i know, i'm so irresistible"

"shut up" I shove him, he laughs.

"come on" I say "im tired, we have a big day tomorrow"

"very big" tobias says "i wonder who's going to make it"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the buzz of the alarm clock wakes me up. I shuffle over to Tobias's side of the bed and rest my head on his chest. I used to feel uncomfortable with him sleeping shirtless, but now ive grown to like it.

"morning beautiful" he says kissing my head

"morning handsome" I flirt back

"i want to stay I bed all day" tobias groans

"tobias, how dare you steal my thoughts" I hug him tighter

"you must be rubbing off on me then" he says. I twist my head up and kiss him. his hands slide to my waist and pull the hem of my t-shirt. I pull back

"easy there tiger" I say

"sorry" he kisses my forehead, I really don't know what i'm so afraid of, Tobias would never hurt me.

"come on we need to get up" I say pushing him out of the bed.

"okay, okay, im up, im up!" he says. I got to get changed.

Eric and the rest of the leaders sit in an arrangement infront of the screens. tobias and Uriah talk about the simulations by the computer whilst I wait for the initiates. the dauntless borns enter first, they look fearless and ready where as the transfers behind them look like they are about to puke.

they all sit down, still with a clear devide. the first name is called

"chloe" Uriah says, Emy's cousin. Emy says good luck and chloe goes into the room.

she comes back in about 4 minutes later. good time and the landscapes continue. the dauntless borns are done and the transfers go next. we decided to put them in no particular order so it wont give away the final rankings.

Tess is done in 9 minutes

Harry gets through in 7

Rachel's time is 6.5

Emy is 6.5

Finn is 8

Killian is 5

and tommy is 5.5, im not sure if he manipulated the simulation or not, but none of the leaders looked concerned so I guess he did it.

over lunch we decide the final rankings

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

we call them in and get read to display the names on the screen: tobias pushes the button and the results appear

1) Killian

2) Chloe

3) Rachel

4) Luke

5) Finn

6)Emy

7) zoe

8) Harry

9) Tommy

10) craigie

11) Danni

12) Tess

13) Samuel

14) zander

15) jade

===================================================================

16) olly

17) jakie

18) Jorge

19) greggie

20) Maggie

21) june

22) coral

because the initiate class was so big we had 15 spots instead of 12, luckily all of the transfers are through, only dauntless borns are factionless. I look at the initiates who are all shouting and celebrating. killian and Rachel kiss, as do Chloe and Luke, as well as Emy and finn- I knew they were together. Tess, Harry and tommy group hug with a few dauntless borns. the ones who were cut huddle together and hug each other, at least they will stay together. probably.

I feel someone behind me and notice its tobias, I turn to look at him

"you did it" he says "you got them through"

"we did it" I say "i always want it to be 'we' "

"i love you" he says

"i love you too" I say throwing myself into his arms and kissing him.

every time I kiss him I feel alive with energy, that I can do anything as long as he is there. Uriah wolf whistles and we break apart, I notice the transfers staring in astonishment but still smiling and clapping, even Eric who stands at the back is smiling and clapping, when he sees me looking he just rolls his eyes and laughs. is eric turning nice. I don't know and I don't care.
I turn to Uriah and tell him to get his speech read for the initiates he nods and looks at something behind me, his eyes go wide. And at the same time a hush falls over everyone. I turn around and see tobias.

But tobias isn't standing...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N
sorry, I'm a mean person