chapter 3.

When I awoke I was in my room still wearing the same outfit I passed out in. I looked around abit; before finally looking over to my left where the weight on my bed resides. It was Kanato holding teddy passed out. I pull out my phone and saw that it was twelve o'clock noon. I sigh knowing that I'd have to go back to sleep, but instead I carefully climb out of bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower.

I quickly got undressed and climbed into the shower. I heard a splash over by the tub in the middle of the bathroom to see Shu fully clothed in the tub. I huff and sigh.

"Really. Can't I get time to myself?" I ask annoyed.
"I wouldn't count on it. Nice ScarlettBats tattoo." Shu said.
"Just great. And thanks but the band broke up a few months ago..." I said sadly.
"The lead guitarist died in a house fire." I added.
"Hmm." Shu humed.
"He did this tattoo of Scarlett Bat wings as a tramp stamp he thought it would be funny seeing as I was the lead singer." I say.
"I figured it was you though you don't seem to like crowds so I wasn't certain." Said Shu.
"Yeah. How long do you plan to watch me shower?" I ask annoyed.

Shu quickly left after that. Leaving me alone to remember the feeling of smoke filling my lungs as I tried to save my friend. I sink to my feet and hug my legs beneath the shower water. I remember the feeling of the flames as it burnt my skin. I remember the screams of agony as my friend burned in the raging flames. The cracking of wood as the floors came crashing down from below us and the roof falling from above. The smell of burning flesh as it melted away leaving only bone. The scarlett embers that were left but no sign of my friend Yuuya Harutora. Nothing but bones. I can still hear those screams. The fearful cries from those watching the fire from outside. I remember the feeling of the heavy beam of wood that crashed down on top of me. I remember the feeling of the harsh pressure of the watering hose putting out the fire. The sizzling of the fire and the burnt flesh of my skin. I remember Yuuya's last words before the fire. "I'm in love with you Rin. I have been for awhile."
I could feel the tears fall down my face as I remember that forsaken night. I clench my hand around the rosary that had belonged to Yuuya it was a beautiful black silver cross with beautiful blue sapphires, and a scarlett bat as the center peice instead of a rose.
I wipe away my tears quickly and get dressed back into my fishnet outfit. Then go down stairs and search for the exit to the garden. When I find the door was locked. So I pick the lock and head out to the garden.
The garden was full of gorgeous irish roses of many different colors.
I go over to a open bench and sit down enjoying the cool breeze and the singing birds. It was a peaceful contrast to the screams from that night. I hum a tune of the song Yuuya wrote for me all those years ago. It wasn't long after that I heard Subaru huffing at me.

"It's peaceful out here." I say softly.
"Tch... Shouldn't you be inside." Subaru huffs.
"Shouldn't you be asleep." I retort.
"I could say the same to you." He spat.
"Well I guess we're even then." I say softly.
"Why are you out here anyways?" Subaru asks.
"To calm down some bad memories." I answer honestly; clutching the rosary tighter in my hand.
"Tch. Annoying you don't need that." Said Subaru.
"It was a friends. They died in a house fire." I said remorsefully.
"I keep it as a reminder." I continue, "not as a weapon or for religious purposes.

Subaru looked at me finally realising the rosary's significance to me. I tuck the rosary back into my pocket. I stood up and kneel down to a wilting rose and pull out my pocket knife; then cut the rose from the bush. The rose a pretty purple color.

"Here it was wilting." I say before heading back inside.
"Tch..." Subaru huffed in response.

I go to the kitchen and saw the cookies where put in a jar and pizza was in the oven. Reiji had told me about all the staff in the manner are familiars and they know when someone is awake or not. This meant they were making something quick for those awake. I sigh knowing that was basically half the household awake.

"I'll be there snack again." I huff.
"Not really." Said Shu.
"No more like I'll be your meal." I corrected myself.
"No we were strictly told to give you a break seeing as you passed out." Kanato said with his monotone voice.
"Let me guess Reiji thinks I'm anemic." I say.
"Maybe." Said Shu.
"That's laughable." I chuckle.
"I was exhausted because of a panick attack related to a memory of my ex Kou Mukami." I said bluntly.
"Also I have a rosary in my pocket please don't take or break it. It was my friends." I said softly.

I head to the dinning room and take a seat at the table. I put my ear buds in and play music from my old band Scarlett Bats. After a while the pizza is brought into the dinning room. Followed by a scream from upstairs.

"Sheesh Yui is loud." I huff.
"Annoying." Huffed Subaru.
"Amusing to watch squirm." Said Kanato.
"Too loud." Said Shu.
"Agreed." I say, and grab a slice of pizza.
"Any louder she'd beat the world record for breaking glass with one scream." I add; which made us all laugh.
"No kidding." Said Laito as he enters the room.
"She wake you up?" I ask.
"Yeah over a bat in her room." Laito said, and I instantly burst into laughter.
"You should see how she reacts to spiders. She's worse than me and I hate the things." I say.
"Utterly deplorable behaviour." Reiji said as he teleports in.
"She woke the whole manner I see." I say trying to hold in a laugh.
"Pancake screamed in my ear." Ayato said.
"Wait you went to sleep in her bed?" I asked.
"Yeah." Ayato said in his drowsy state of mind.
"I'm guessing your the so called 'bat' that scared her." I say holding in a laugh.
"No but with how loud she screamed I might as well have been." Ayato said.
"Yikes." I cringe.

About an hour later everyone either went back to sleep or sat in the living room playing whos most likely to. So far I have won eight times in a row.

"Who is most likely to peep on Rin in the shower?" Asked Laito.
"You." Said Kanato.
"Ayato." Said Subaru.
"Ayato." Said Laito.
"Me." Said Shu.
"No way it's totally Ayato." Said Laito.
"No its Shu he's already done it." I said.
"Damn it how do you keep winning?" Asks Laito.
"Because you're betting on things involving me." I state bluntly.

A few hours had passed and the sun had begun to set. I lean back against the couch feeling relaxed for the first time since I got here. Shu was relaxing as Liato and Kanato had gone off somewhere else; probably to bug Yui. Subaru was out cold sat back against the marble pillar he punched a dent in yesterday.

"I bet Yui is going to squeal in the next ten minutes." I say.
"Make that five minutes." Shu says.
A minute later Yui screams.
"I win." Shu smirks.
"That you did." I smile.