Chapter 8.

I chuckle, get up off the ground, and head back inside. I head straight to the bathroom and clean my hands; before heading to the pool room that Yui told me about. Once there I pull off all my clothes except my boxers and I dive into the pool. The water was surprisingly warmer than I had expected but it felt good to do something alone and not be coddled. I swam for an hour; before I stopped to float on the water.

"So this is where you've been." Said Shu.

"Yeah It's better than being smothered." I admit.

"Is that so?" He asked.

"Yeah. I find the water calming. Although it's less calming now that I can hear Yui screeching outside." I sigh, and swim to the edge of the pool about to climb out when I feel arms around my waist.

"Shu please I'm tired of being coddled." I huff.

"I'm thirsty." He answered.

"How long?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He seemed confused.

"How long?" I ask again.

"Since before you were kidnapped." He answered in his usual monotone voice.

"Why? you have yui to feed from." I said.

"Hmm." He hummed before sinking his fangs into my neck right ontop of his mark.

I groan softly as I tread water keeping us afloat. After a few minutes he retracts his fangs and teleports us out of the pool and on to the floor surrounding it. I was under him on my back, and his face still in the crook of my neck. I sigh and tap his shoulder; silently asking him to get off me. He got up off me but it was evident that he hadn't fed enough. I sigh and grab the towel that was sitting next to my clothes; then began to dry myself off. Based off his body language I have about six minutes to either run or give in early. Although the latter maybe the safer option it also means more coddling and I've had my fair share of that this past few days. So it seems I'll be picking the former of the two options. Run; while not the smartest option it was preferable than the option of being coddled.

So I threw the towel over to Shu grabbed my clothes and ran like a bat out of hell. No way am I getting coddle for another second. It didn't take long for Shu to run after me in his lazy attempts of teleporting but it sent adrenaline through my veins. It felt thrilling, almost like a brief taste of freedom; however I knew it wouldn't last long. I ran and slid around a corner ultimately bumping into Reiji. 'Crap!' I thought.

"Why are you half naked in the halls?" Reiji asked sternly.

"I was swimming in the pool and Now I have a blood thirst crazed Shu on my tail. As much as you enjoy scolding me for the minor things that are lack of clothing or my bipolar behavior I'd rather not be in a Vampire coddle sandwich so soon." I hastily spoke as I take off running again this time pulling a switcheroo back the down the halls I already ran through. Dropping my clothes on the floor; before diving back into the pool deciding that holding my breathe and hidding underwater was a great idea.

News flash the idea wasn't so great. Cause unfortunately for me not even a minute later had Shu come diving into the pool full speed. Successfully knocking the remaining air out of my lung. I stared into Shu's blood thirsty eyes as the water filled my lungs. The moment felt like everything slowed down as Shu grabbed me and swam to the water's surface. As soon as my head breached the surface I started coughing heavily leaning against Shu to stay afloat as I got air back in my lungs. My throat burned as I finally caught my breath and I slowly looked at Shu.

"Mm..." He hummed; he seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"... You c-can l-let .... Go." I say between breathes of air.

Shu only held me tighter as he swam us both to the edge of the pool. I'm so tired of the excessive coddling. I push against Shu and make an effort to climb out of the pool. One look at Shu was enough to see that he wasn't impressed.

"Quit trying to run." Shu said tiredly.

"Shut up! I'm tired of being coddled and frankly none of you are listening." I growl in annoyance; this left a shocked look on Shu's face for a breif moment.

"I've been in far worse situations in the past and survived all on my own. So when I say ENOUGH with the coddling enough means ENOUGH!" I say angrily, before I pick up my clothes quickly putting them on; regardless of how wet they would get.

"...m" Shu hums teleporting away.

I quickly walked to my room and locked the door behind me once inside. I had just finished taking all my clothes off when I was suddenly pinned to the wall face first.

"You got to be kidding me." I huffed.
"Fufu~ Fae-Kun sure prepared well for me~." Laito spoke into my right ear making me shiver.
"Laito not now." I say in annoyance.
"I'm thirsty Bird-kun~." He coes in my ear his lips brushing up against my neck.
"Laito my room is a safe space." I snap reaching behind my head and grabing Laito's before turning us around; followed by me shoving him away.

I then quickly grab an outfit; Which ironically was the same grey-scale outfit I wore they day I arrived here. Laito gave me a look that told me he wasn't taking no for an answer and pushed me onto my bed roughly; Before sinking his fangs into my neck far gentler then I was expecting. Though not so shockingly his hands had wandered up my grey tanktop and all over my back and chest.

"E..." I start.
"

Emergencies only yeah I know Bird-kun." Laito said in a shockingly serious tone.

"Liato mmm~ Fuck!" I began to say through a moan,"Keep your hands above the waist at least."
"Fufu~ fine Fae-kun."Laito complied reluctantly; ghosting his hands over my hips and up my sides.
"Mmm~" I moan softly.

"Laito!" Reiji snapped, my face immediately flushed red when I realized he had heard the sounds I just made.
"Fufu~ looks like we were caught bird-kun." Laito teases and teleports out of my room.
"I promise that wasn't planned." I quickly said as Reiji comes over to the bed.
"The deadbeat said to check on you and it looks like I was right to do so." Reiji said ignoring what I said as a whole.

I was so focused on Reiji I hadn't realized the state I was in on the bed. My clothes disheveled and the obvious blush dusting my face. I watched Reiji closely as he pulled his gloves off and set them on my bedside table. He leaned forward and licked the blood dripping from my neck. I was brought out of my momentary trance by a soft low chuckle.

"Rin maybe you should rest." Reiji said about to stand up; only for me to grab his sleeve.

I didn't even think about the movement or the possible repercussions of the action. I wanted him to stay but couldn't bring myself so say anything. Most of All I couldn't figure out how he was the one I thought of as the most gentle. When I knew for a fact he was the one that wouldn't tolerate any bullcrap. I just wanted him to stay.

"Rin." Reiji started only to stop.