Chapter 7.

I sigh and lay there my stomach growling seeing as I haven't had a meal in a few days. 'That reminds me that I haven't gotten to ask how they liked the Bentos I made. Nor did I get to enjoy mine.' I thought. I don't recall falling asleep but the next thing I know I'm shaken awake. I groan softly before opening my eyes to look at Reiji who had some food and medicine for me. I slowly sit up and take the food from Reiji.
"Take this first." Reiji said, holding the medicine infront of me.
"I have nothing in my stomach that wouldn't be wise for me to have that first." I say softly taking a few bites of food; before taking the medicine from Reiji and downing it.
"Thank you for taking care of me you didn't have to." I utter under my breathe.
"Don't thank me I'm merely doing what's necessary seeing as you are our prey." Reiji stated.
"I know but I also know that you think of me as more than just prey." I say sleepily; as I slowly eat the ramen in front of me.
"You can finish this later." Subaru softly spoke as he took the ramen and set it on the nightstand.
"Come on lay down." Reiji whispered, as he helped me lay down as I quickly fall asleep.

...
"Fufu~ still not awake bird-kun." Laito teased, I groan feeling light headed as I wake.

I open my eyes finding that Reiji was passed out with a book open in his lap sat against the head board of my bed to my left. To my right sat Subaru awake, and glaring at Laito for waking me. Finally Laito who sat infront of me on my lap. I sigh and look at the nightstand to see an empty bowl of ramen. 'Did they feed me while I was half awake? How long has it been since I was last awake?' I wondered.
"When was I last awake?" I ask.
"Roughly two hours ago but you were extremely out of it." Answered Reiji as he opened his eyes annoied with Laito.
"Though you seem to be better now as opposed to earlier today." Added Subaru.

It was at this point I decided to address the elephant in the room.

"Laito do you mind?" I asked annoied.
"Fufu~ aw Bird-kun you're no fun." Laito whines.
"Yeah well neither is being woken up by someone sitting on top of you." I retort, pushing Laito off me.
"Stop moving around so much so I can check your temperature." Snapped Reiji.
I sigh and look over at Reiji who was pulling off his glove with his teeth. 'Shit thats hawt.' I thought, softly blushing as Reiji brings his hand to my forehead to check my temperature. His cold hand felt nice on my skin though I'd never admit that out loud.
"Your fever is gone but get some more rest just in case." Reiji said.
"I'll get some rest after a quick shower." I say, climbing out of bed and grabbing a pair of pants.
"Oh and Laito don't even think of watching me bathe." I add sending a sharp glare towards Laito.

...
It has been a few days since I was sick and now I was being smothered by three of the six brothers in the livingroom. Laito was holding me in his lap not letting me go for a second. To my right sat Kanato who wouldn't stop hugging my arm like his teddy bear. On the floor to my left sat Ayato who was whining about not having anything to cling to.
"Let go of me now." I snap heavily annoyied.
"No you might run away again." Ayato spat.
"Only reason I'd run is so you'll stop smothering me. Or if you keep me cooped up in the house." I spat angrily,"Which you haven't stopped doing since you all rescued me after I was kidnapped. I mean seriously I need some space."
"Let him go." Spoke Yui.
"You think we'll listen to you pancake." Ayato snapped, standing up and pinning her against the wall with a loud thud.

I take the opportunity in this moment to pull my arm away from Kanato leaving him angry and quickly get out of Laito's lap. I then quickly bolt out of the room not wanting to risk getting stuck in another smother fest. I knew it wouldn't take long for the brothers to catch up to me so I hastily ditch them out an open window and ran into the rose garden. I sigh, when I see Subaru and kneel down to help him with the wilting roses. Effectively using Subaru as a scapegoat.
"Hey who said you can run Birdy?" Hissed Kanato.
"I don't know what you mean I'm helping Subaru with the roses." I cunningly say.
"Fufu~ you're so mean bird-kun." Laito says with a fake hurt on his face.
"Leave him alone he clearly needs some space." Subaru scoffs with annoyance.
"Mystery-kun you sneaky bastard." Ayato said pouting.
"I have no idea you're talking about Ayato." I say softly.

It took a hot minute for the triplets to leave but once they were back inside. I let out a big sigh of relief. I continue to help Subaru with the wilted roses in the calm silence. After a while the silence got so tense you could cut it with a knife.
"Sorry for using you as a scapegoat." I apologize.
"You were bound to snap at some point with those three." Subaru admits.
"I didn't think you cared about what they were doing." I said.
"I hadn't at first but after a day it got annoying. Yui wouldn't leave me be about helping you. Which had been surprising seeing as she seemed to hate you." Subaru answers.
"Yeah well she likes to pretend like she doesn't care but in all honesty she still worries about me." I state, as I accidentally cut my thumb as I remove a wilted rose from the bush.
"Tch..." Subaru tisks, which grabs my attention; so I look up at him to see his eyes glowing red.
"Subaru it's okay." I say as he backs away.
"Don't come closer I'm a monster." Subaru says freaking out.
"You're not a monster." I say as I quickly grab his hand and pull him in for a hug.
"Tsk... Idiot." He says; before hiding his face in the crook of my neck.
"Am I?" I ask teasingly.
"Yeah." He answers pulling his face away from my neck but still not looking me in the eye.
"Really?" I teasingly ask as I grab his chin with my bleeding hand.
I could see that his eyes were still glowing but the look on his face was so cute. I watch as he tries to look away; before giving in when I rub my bleeding thumb over his lip. Subaru subconsciously opens his mouth and licks the blood off my thumb. I chuckle when he hastily grabs my wrist and sinks his fangs into my palm.
After a bit Subaru had pinned me to the ground and sank his fangs into my neck. Even with the harsh force of his bite. Subaru was surprisingly gentle while he fed. He even managed to squeeze a few moans out of me. Soon after he pulled away a blush lit across his face.
"Sorry." He says before quickly leaving.