Chapter 7 (Wei Ying captured bandits)

Xing hesitated and then back half a step..

"T-This, this....." Xing was a little afraid to speak

Wei Ying got impatience and asks

"Don't this and that, tell me!" straight instructions and Xing had to obey

Xing bows his head and speaks only to Wei Ying

"I heard they are discussing your marriage..." Xing told Wei Ying

Wei Ying froze......

Wei Ying pulsed his lips and looks at Xing with a cold look, it is so murderous that it is full of a deadly aura, and the red shadow guards are very quick to sense the direction of the wind in the mood swing of the crown prince, this is especially so for Xing who has been with Wei Ying for many years. The atmosphere of the joy of capturing those prey to benefit these orphanages seems to lose its joy. All the shadow guards have their heads down, those that are doing and loading the prey continue to work really hard as they were worried that they might entangle the crown prince. Xing sense the temperature change, he even felt that the sky becomes gloomy and the birds that are chirping happily seem to stop.

The crown prince did not speak and everyone seems to freeze in time, Wei Ying is definitely angry as he doesn't believe in the feudal system of so-called alliance marriage to strengthen the country. It is not like he didn't have any proposal, in fact, it has been so many that he officially declared that he will not get married until he is twenty-one. However, he was just past twenty-one and he felt regretful about his declaration, he should have said that he will not get married until he is forty........

Wei Ying make the declaration when he was only seventeen and was quite happy that it gave him a few years of hassle-free life, but now that he had reached the age, he knew how many people from the office had approached his father, who doesn't want to marry the future Emperor and becomes the next powerful person such as the Empress. Wei Ying is not reconciled that he has a high status and yet he was being pressurized.

However, Wei Ying knew how much his parent loves him and usually will not do anything to make him unhappy but why this topic of his marriage popped up......

Wei Ying cooled off and asks Xing

"Where did you hear this matter?" the tone is not pleasant and it carries some anger.

Xing is really in a difficult position, he felt himself walking on eggshells as 'marriage' to his young crown prince is a very sensitive topic.

"I-I um... from the servants and might not even be true....." Xing tried to minimize the topic so that his crown prince will not be angry but instead.....

"What!"

"How long have you been in the palace you know that those servants' words usually carry at least 70 percent true because they all have dog ears, which they will extend and listen" Wei Ying snorted at Xing

Xing is now slightly trembling and in his heart

"I am trying to comfort you ma..."

Wei Ying didn't take the face value Xing and he jumped onto the horse "White Snow" and pats "White Snow"

"Run so that they cannot catch up....." the prince glared at Xing