2. Reminisce

It's always feel special when someone supports you. To me, I write story to escape from harsh reality. @rbabhishek thank you very much for your first vote. First vote is always special. I just wanted to let you know, don't put too much expectation :D Chill and relax. Thank you :))

Mila POV

"I'll be there by 4pm, I guess" I said

"Okay. I'll wait in train station. Call me once you reach" said Katya.

"How can I find you?" I asked her

"Don't worry. Once you get down the train, you will see me" she said. This is my first time in a new country. I've never travelled even in India. I never left my home. It's always home to college and college to home, then I worked for a year. Office to home and home to office. I never had friends. All I had in my teenage life is insecurity, and social anxiety. I wanted to come outside my shell. That's why I choose this course, where I'll get an opportunity to travel and meet people. Katya is a Russian girl. She will help me to settle in my dorm.

I'm here for my exchange program. I hope it goes well.

I'm already tired with carrying my luggage here and there. I need sleep.

After 30 minutes, I reached Zittau. I choose this smallest small town in Germany. When I planned to come out of my shell. I wanted to take one step at a time. Maybe, I'll start with this small town.

I think I reached the station. I pulled two luggage out of the train. Heartless Germany. I looked clearly tired. But, nobody gave me a hand to help. If it was in India, atleast 1 person would've asked me.

Never mind. I have to face this after all it's me who took this tough road.

The station is almost empty. Two girls were sitting in a bench. Now, I understood, what she meant. Obviously, she is Katya. She came running towards me

"Hi, Katya. Nice to meet you" she said

"Mila, Like wise. Thank you so much for picking me up" I said

"Let's walk and talk. There's a bus stop outside. We will take a bus now" she said and took one of my luggage. Finally. Someone helped me. "One second, we will wait here. My friend is also coming with me. I called him. BTW, he's Indian"

"Great" I said. But, I don't want to make any Indian friends. I'm scared of being judged. If a German finds something awkward, I planned to say it's Indian thing. Now, If he is Indian, how would I escape.

"Hi Gautham" Katya greeted. He is Indian.

"Mila. Nice to meet you" I introduced.

"Gautham. Welcome to Germany" he said with a smile. I gave a fake smile. Yeah, I'm already disappointed. Now, I'm scared of being judged by him. My anxiety.

We took the bus. "Where are you in India?" he asked me

"Chennai" I said

"Oh really! I'm from Coimbatore" he said with excitement. I'm relieved. Some how, I'm suddenly comfortable with south Indian. But, I'm still anxious, how do I address him. Should I call him anna or what?

Our bus halted. We walked towards our dorm. "I have some work to do. Have this key. I hope Gautham will help you to settle"

"No problem. Thank you" I said. She left

"Room looks good. Are you hungry?" he asked me

"No" I lied.

"I'll order pizza. You can eat later. Just get enough sleep" he said. He is sweet.

"Thank you" I meant it.

"Are you tired?" he asked me

Obviously, yes. I took around 9 hrs flight and 4hr train journey. "No" I lied

"I'll show you a grocery shop nearby for you" he said. He is really sweet.

We walked nearby street. He showed me stores and brought me bread, eggs, tomatoes and he paid for it. He is really sweet.

The kindness. I have money to pay but still he helped me because of first day means a lot to me.

We came near my dorm.

"Here's play area. You can see your dorm students playing here. You've volleyball court, basket ball and table tennis. Oh! wait. I see some familiar face" He ran towards that table tennis table. He spoke with group of guys. Then came to me with a guy almost my height. Looks like south indian.

"He is Siddharth. Malaysian Tamil guy" Gautham said

"Mila" I said my name "Nice to meet you"

"Siddharth. You can call me Sid" he said. My heart was in out of control. Anxiety. He was charming. His eyes was sparkling.

His smile has magic in it.

Oh! My heart is beating so fast. Calm Mila!!!

"Let's get inside" said Sid.

Yes. I'm struck. It's totally new.

This is why, I should talk with both genders. Maybe talking to boys casually is new to me. When I was working in Chennai, almost everybody is older than me. So, I never spoke to boys of my age.

I didn't get this feel with Gautham.

"Mila, where are you in India?" Sid asked me

"Chennai"

"Good" Sid said. "How old are you?" he asked me

"24" I said

"Really?" I was confused

"Why?"

"I'm 22"

"Really?"

"I think, I should call you akka"

This pierced my heart. Worse thing that could happen is, when you finally see a guy who can make your heart beat faster and that guy calls you akka. I couldn't breathe properly. Maybe my anxiety and delusion.

---

"Sid?" came out as an question but I know it's him

"Hey hi" he said casually piercing my heart, yet again

"Hello" I said controlling all my emotions. I couldn't breathe

*****

Hope you guys love this!!!!

Vote to support!

Love you all:)