4. Dinner

Mila POV

I was standing outside his apartment. With thousands of emotions running around my head and heart. Why is my heart still beating fast for this red flag?

I rang the bell.

Ran

fast as I could

I don't think i could do.

I'm still the same old coward Mila, who couldn't express what i feel.

I facepalmed myself and sat in the bench in front of my apartment.

"Mila? Did you ring the bell?"

I looked clueless. "Yep" Why am I always nervous in front of him?

"Why?"

"I thought of calling you out for dinner then, i thought, maybe I shouldn't. Later, i remembered telling my roommate you will be there for dinner then i remembered i never asked you for any permission. So, I thought of going back to my room"

"So? What?" I looked at him "Are you inviting me or not?"

"Are you coming?"

"If you're inviting. Yeah probably. I'm free tonight" 

"OK join us"

---

"Really! I love climbing. I'm a boulder" laughed Markus

Sid and Markus were having a great time. Abhishek is fuming in fire. He cooked it specially for Markus, but he didn't mention anything about the food.

"Food is great Abhi" I said. He sadly smiled

"Bit salty but good" Sid commented. I glared at him. I guess, now he understood the tension Abhi feeling. He is quick-witted in most cases. 

We ate in silence. Markus didn't speak with Abhi. There's something wrong. The tension was building in double.

"Ok. It's time. I'll leave now" said Sid

"I'll drop you" I left along with Sid. Obviously giving some time for Abhishek and Markus.

"Are they couple?" Sid asked me

"Yes. Markus proposed few weeks back. Abhishek rejected it. He is having some issues with his parents. You know right? It's hard to convince Indian parents for love marriage, here it's a gay marriage. Abhi doesn't want to relationship. He wants some time to convince his parents. And Markus to wait for few more months"

"Do you think his parent will accept his son as gay or for this marriage?" I didn't answer his question "This is the problem with Indian parents. Society comes first."

"I just wish, at the end, they choose their son. It's afterall his life. He has all the rights to live a happy life. I want him to live a happy life. They make a great couple" I said with a smile. He smiled. "How's your girlfriend and your relationship? Hope atleast you don't have any trouble in your life?" I asked him

He was in silence. Then "Yep. Everything is going smoothly" it broke my heart

"Yep, the life you wished for" I said sadly. "Is she coming here? When is she coming?" I asked

"Not sure exactly when. She is busy with works." he cut me off immediately

"Do you have friends here? If you wanna company, just give me a call. You know right, I'm always free" for you. The last part I said to myself as usual.

"I have friends" a short answer again from him

"What movie you watched recently?" I asked again to continue the conversation

"No time to watch anything" he said

"Are you happy with your life?" He didn't answer. "Are you okay buddy? You can tell me anything"

"Nothing. I'll go back to my room" he said avoiding me

"Ok. But, remember. I'm a very good listener. I listened to Deepika's whinning for 4 hours straight. Only people like me can be happy always. No relationship and no problem" he chuckled. I felt bad for him. Hope his love life is going well. I know, I'm stupid.

"Okay bye" he said

"Call me if you need anything" I said

**********

Hope you guys like this chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!