S2 E13: Rise of the Spinjitzu Master and the Guardian Fox

When [M/n] finally woke up, Malum gave him strict instructions to try to keep fighting the Stone Soldiers to a minimum as the kitsune knew he would not be able to convince him to not face the Overlord alongside Lloyd. The ninja agreed, reluctantly, and Malum left to help the healer prepare for his arrival. 

Beside the purple ninja, Dr. Julien checked on Lloyd's broken leg, rewrapping it. "Can I still fight?" Lloyd asked. 

"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal," Dr. Julien informed him solemnly. 

"We don't have weeks," Lloyd stated, hauling himself up. [M/n] did the same, carefully pulling himself up before following Lloyd, and leaning against Cole who was quick to assist him. 

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today," Wu said, as Lloyd joined him and Misako in looking out at the ocean. 

"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island," Kai spat, kicking at the sand. 

"Ah, I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again," Jay wondered sadly, eyes on the horizen. 

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now," Zane mused.

"But I don't remember my father any other way," Lloyd admitted quietly, shoulders hunching. Sorrow and grief flickered through the bond, though Lloyd tried to stamp them down. 

"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him," Misako soothed.

"Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green and Silver Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" Kai asked. 

"I...don't know," Wu admitted.

"Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!" Jay cried.

"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something," Kai begged.

"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won," Wu stated, sadly.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. [M/n] took me in. You guys took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good," Lloyd began, before he groaned behind clenched teeth as he put weight on his bad leg. "When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master and the First Master of Aether, fought against the Overlord and their backs were against the wall and they knew it was all over, did they quit? No."

"The FSM found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to all of us. Kovidar passed his powers onto his grandson. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason they chose us. I'd like to think it's because they knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit." 

"He's right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it," Kai agreed, turning to the ocean, and taking a deep shaky breath before plunging into the waves. 

"The entire ocean? But I didn't bring my floaties," Jay whined. 

Kai groaned as a wave smacked him in the face, nearly knocking him off his feet. 

"Well, if you got a better plan…" Cole said, glaring at Jay.

"I don't, but he may," Zane stated, glancing up to the circling Falcon. 

"Ooh, the Falcon. He must have found something," Dr. Julien chirped.

Using the Fire Mech, Kai carried them all back up the mountain to where the Temple of Light proudly stood.