S2 Postlude Episode 2: Laconic

(Adj.) Expressing much in few words

------------------------

With three days left until his date with Lloyd, and one until Cole, Zane, and Jay planned to drag him to Collection Éclipse to shop for a suit, [M/n] was bored. After spending most of his morning wandering the small apartment he was renting, alongside Zane, he decided to head to Dareth's Dojo. He knew he was disobeying Aed's strict instructions but the ninja needed to let off some steam, and stretch his muscles.

The ninja privately hoped that one of the other ninja would be there so he could spar against them, but knew better.

When [M/n] made it to the Dojo, he quietly slipped inside and found Garmadon in the middle of the ^Nagareru Ogawa Kata, a key component of the Art of the Silent Fist.

"[M/n]," Garmadon greeted, not stopping his Kata.

"Garmadon," [M/n] returned, setting down his duffel bag and slipping out of his socks and shoes.

"Would you like to join me?" Garmadon asked, finishing the Kata and straightening.

"I would, thank you." Garmadon smiled, eyes crinkling as [M/n] joined him on the mat.

As one, the two slipped into the next Kata of the sequence ^Nagareru Kawa. It was faster than the Kata before with stronger footwork, and a lower center of gravity.

They easily moved through the Kata before continuing on to the bext two, and finishing the sequence. Once they finished they stepped off the mat and grabbed their bottles of water, then sat for a short break.

"You move differently from the last time we trained together," Garmadon noted, refering to when he taught the younger ninja the Art of the Silent Fist.

"My memories have returned," [M/n] started. "Before I was relying on the training Wu had retaught me, and muscle memory. I am curious as to how differently I move."

Garmadon chuckled softly, "Last time your movements were harsh, but graceful, and you stepped like a ninja. Now your movements are smooth, and powerful, and you walk like an assassin." After a second, Garmadon added, "Or a jaguar stalking its prey."

[M/n] grinned, preening at the comment. "Thank you."

"Of course." The man stood and headed over to the opposite side of the mat to grab something. When he turned back around, [M/n] realized the man was carrying a bo-staff made of a darker wood with three strange markings carved into the staff. When Garmadon noticed the way [M/n] was staring at the staff, he chuckled. "My father made this for me, from Ceylon Ebony. I was wondering if you were interested in sparring?"

"I would love a spar." [M/n] pulled himself to his feet, and grabbed a bo-staff from the wall. "*Jiyu Kumite?"

Garmadon nodded, and slipped into the basic stance for the Art of the Silent Fist. Across from him, [M/n] slipped into the Crane style stance.

[M/n] decided to attack first, keeping the offense as Garmadon stayed on the defensive. With ease, Garmadon rediriected the debilitating kicks and clawing strikes because if even one of the hits landed, the tide would turn. This pattern continued until [M/n] feinted with a Crane style clawing strike before switching into the Imperial Leopard style and using a low kick.

The switch threw Garmadon off for a second, but he quickly righted himself and the fight continued. As the spar progressed it was difficupt to tell who was winning.

Garmadon was smart and easily blocked and redirected [M/n]'s hits and kicks, or he simply slipped to the side and dodged.

[M/n] was fast and had a control over his body that few could match, and was subsequently able to stop himself from flipping out of control when ever Garmadon dodged or redirected his hits. When Garmadon chose to block he would put as much power as he could behind it, to try to throw him off or injure him enough for the man to tap out.