𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

╔═════☩══♚══☩═════╗𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤'𝔰 𝔐𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯╚═════☩══♚══☩═════╝

╔═════☩══♚══☩═════╗
𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤'𝔰 𝔐𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯
╚═════☩══♚══☩═════╝

(A/N: Alright, so I am fully aware that Hantengu's past isn't like this but I think that this fits the story plot more.)

"It hurts...when can I leave this place." A young frail boy was locked in a very dark room, the only light he had was the small crack on the wall making the sunlight shining in. "I'm so hungry..." The young boy muttered. Without the strength he needed due to hunger, he laid on the floor and drift to sleep to reserve some energy.

His peaceful sleep was soon interrupted by the smell of food. She was holding Hantengu's tray of food that contains bread and milk. She placed the tray on the floor and left without saying a thing. Albeit there was a tray of food, he didn't dare to touch them. 

We can clearly see that Hantengu's past wasn't the best. It was obvious that Hantengu's parents hated him, despised him and they are both very ignorant. Instead of hitting him or hurting him, these incompetent parents did the most horrible thing!! That is to poison him slowly. 

And the reason why they hate this child was because of the big bump on his head. Because of the weird big bump, they thought of him as a monster, a being that should never even exist. So instead of taking care of him, they just throw him into a worn out room. 

(A/N: So I did went to see the manga again to see Hantengu's human self since I had forgotten and he actually looks the same. The only thing that was different was that he had horns and different eyes.)

Hantengu of course had known that his parents hated him. He used to tried very hard to gain his parents attention. But in the end, they only gave him the look of disgust. Slowly and slowly, he gave up trying to earn his parents attention.

Since Hantengu had nothing to do all the time, he always light candles and read the tore and old books that was placed on the shelf in the room. The books he had looked through was all about plants and herbs. Soon, Hantengu had developed a liking to plants. 

Hantengu stared at the bread and milk. He grabbed the bread and peeled it in half and observing it slowly. Then, he took a sniff and knew that this bread was completely safe to eat. He quickly ate the bread down. He then took the bottle of milk and smelled it. The milk was definitely spoiled. He definitely couldn't drink that.

His parents sometimes would give him food that are either poisoned or spoiled or expired food. Sometimes just sometimes they would be at least nice enough to give him non poisonous and non expired and non spoiled food. 

Hantengu survives by secretly sneaking out of the worn out room he's staying, at night into the forest without anyone knowing. He would eat wild fruits and vegetables there. Since he had read a lot about plants, he knew what are edible and inedible. He always go out at night and returns before sun rises.

But who could've have known that what he did would change his life forever...

One night, Hantengu was doing his usual. He would find fruits and vegetables to eat. After eating, he would walk around the forest to learn about more plants. What caught his eyes the most was a very unique mushrooms that he never saw it in the books he had read before.

Although he had known that the mushroom was obviously inedible, he still wanted to take a good look so he reached out his hand to grab it. But just when he was about to grab it. A fair, soft, delicate hand stopped him from grabbing it. 

"Sweetie, don't touch that mushroom. It can give you rashes and it will probably rash your hand for more than a week as well." A gentle voice was heard behind him. In shock he quickly turned around to see who the voice belonged to. It was none other than Y/N Kibutsuji, herself. 

"Mother, you should also be careful not to touch it on accident." Muzan stood beside Y/N. Y/N let go of Hantengu and looked at the young boy cowering in fear. I mean who wouldn't? There was two adults towering above him. 

"Kiddo what are you doing out here so late at night?" Y/N asked the young Hantengu. "W-what??" Hantengu was very confused on why was Y/N so nice to him. "You're not scared of me??" was all Hantengu said. 

"Why would I be scared of a child like you sweetheart?" Y/N had a very questioning look on his face. "I have a face of a monster though!! How could you not be afraid of me?! Even my parents are trying to kill me by poisoning me little by little inside my food!!" Hantengu yelled at Y/N.

"How dare you yell at my mother....do you have a death wish?? Do you perhaps not want to live anymore??!" Thoughts of killing young Hantengu was filling inside Muzan's head. "Of course I'm not scared of you sweetie. You can trust my words fully. By the way, do your parents really poison you??"

"T-they do...but it's not like I care about them anyways!! Whatever, I'm here because I need to survive by eating fruits and vegetables." Hantengu said. "Sweetheart....If you don't mind asking...what's your name kiddo??" Y/N asked the young Hantengu. "I'm Hantengu.

"Hantengu dear, have you ever heard of demons??" "I did read it in books before." The young Hantengu quickly answered the older female's question. "Can I ask...what's your opinion on them??" Y/N asked.

"Well...according to the books, they said that demons are bad and they hurt humans. But I just don't understand...demons needs to eat humans to solve their hunger. Just like how humans need to eat food. So, I just don't understand why does being a demon bad. Being a demon just makes you become stronger." Hantengu honestly replied. 

"If you can become a demon...would you like to become one." Muzan asked him. "YES!! I would never regret becoming a demon." Muzan immediately gave Hantengu his blood after hearing him said that. "It hurts..." Hantengu mumbled in pain. "The process of turning into a demon does indeed hurtful. But it will be worth it in the end." Y/N assured Hantengu by caressing his head. 

A few moments later, Hantengu definitely felt his body growing stronger. "Hantengu, me and my son has to go. So, can you live your life freely as a demon??" Hantengu quickly replied to her by nodding his head. 

"W-wait!!" Hantengu held the hem of Y/N's kimono. "Before you go...can we meet again??" Y/N smiled. "If you grow even stronger...and if fate let us...I'm sure we will meet again." Y/N smiled at him and pat of his head one last time before the two left.

And it definitely seems like fate does let them met again...

𝕰𝖓𝖉 𝕺𝖋 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

(A/N: After finishing the story, I noticed that Hantengu became Tighnari 2.0)

『••✎••』Word Count: 1192 words