Becoming Part 9

You hummed to yourself listening to the conversation as you didn’t really want to talk between Jim and Toby as you trail behind them.  The day went by relatively smoothly, other than the fact that Ms. Janeth kept begging you to play your violin for the Romeo and Juliet show since she caught word of you having been able to play the music since you did it when you were younger.  You begrudgingly accepted since she was gonna blackmail you by giving you failing grades even if you got high passing grades.  Along with Mr.Strickler handing you something that got your suspicions up, and you think he knows that you know that he knows what you know.  It was a gift box and you quote using his words…

“Just a little something from me to protect yourself in case anything happens…Think of it as a peace making item, or treaty…”  Mr.Sticklerlander said as he handed you a golden white long but thin gift box.

You continued humming slightly at the memory, as you listened to the two boys talk.

“So, what did you decide?”  Toby asked as he lightly punched Jim’s shoulder.  

“That if anyone finds out what happened in my kitchen last night, the three of us will be committed.”  Jim looked dead serious at both Toby and you.  

“I meant about kicking Steve’s butt,”  Toby makes punching moves.  Jim sighs looking off to the side.  

“Give up the dream, Tobes,”  As Jim says that the Amulet dings, causing Toby to pull Jim’s backpack towards him to look at the amulet.  Which you in turn pull him back since personal space was in your deck to respect.  

“Does that thing run on batteries?”  Toby asks in disbelief.

“I don’t think so, considering the blue stone glow it gives off I would say magic which isn’t too hard to believe,”  You respond as you thought about it while humming slightly.  

The school bell then rings which Jim looks up to see Steve's friend walking by and talking only to glare at him once they notice the lanky boy but continue on walking.  

You peered closer at the amulet as the blue glow intensified, “What is it doing?”  Jim covers the amulet that peaked out of his bag with his hand.  

Jim hissed at the two of you quietly, “How should I know? It didn’t come with a manual,”  Jim shrugged his shoulders and had his hands open slightly in a tone saying don’t ask me I know just as much as you do.  

“Does it feel like you’re going to, you know, change?”  Toby asks with an eyebrow raised questioningly at Jim while you looked at them assuming that he probably is but you slightly were debating whether or not to let the chaos that would ensure to happen or not.  

Jim looked scared, “Oh, no…” he said in a low and nervous voicing.  

Toby looked panicked, “We’ve got to get you someplace that’s not out here!”  TOby suddenly pushed Jim into the boys locker room with him quickly following behind, and before the two boys disappeared Toby turned back and said to you, “Make sure to get to the music or instrument part for Romeo and Juliet! Don’t want you missing out, don’t worry about anything!”  WIth that Toby turned back and caught up to Jim.  

You raised an eyebrow, instrument?  The only instrument you played is the violin and piano…Then it dawned on you as if a hand slowly grasped around what Toby just said.  You don’t mean you were gonna play the violin or piano for the cutscenes and dramatics.  Your mind went blank, as you didn’t know what song or which of the two they or you were gonna play as you have no memory of this.  Toby being as he is probably forgot that fact.

You then snapped out of your train of thought as you felt a hand on your shoulder, “Are you alright Miss Y/n?  You seem to be out in the world at the moment…” You hear a male voice call to you, and you turn around to see it was Mr.Strickland there looking down at you with slight concern in his face.