Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter? And the V̵͎͕̿̈ȯ̴͔̜͓̊i̸̦̇̈́d̵̺͖̭̓?̴̨̱̱͑͆ Part 3

You nervously stood there next to Blinky, as you slightly swayed left to right vividly showing your nervous tendencies as the words flowed out of your mouth. 

“I got a bad feeling about this…”  You murmured to yourself as you stared at Jim nervously standing there on top of the two troll foot prints.  

Not very soon after the amulet let out a ding sound and glowed a light translucent blue.  You stared down at the stone floor, eyes widening as the engraved lines in the floor started glowing brightly and that light spread like a tidal wave throughout the whole floor.  The color blood red flowing follows right behind the yellowish white glow.  

Right in the middle dust was lifted into the air, as a tall statue with red glowing lines came up and stopped.  Toby stared at it mouth agape, as the troll head on the pedestal towered over the mostly short scrawny Jim.  

Vendel gesture to the tall figure as close as possible, “Behold, the Soothsrcyer!”  Vendel crossed his arms behind his back with a smirk across his face, “It will judge your true spirit, insert your right hand, Trollhunter.”  

Jim looks towards Vendel with a very very worried look on his face, and raises one of his fingers questionably.  “Um, I’m going to get it back, right?”  

You gulped heavily as beads of sweat appeared on your forehead, as you heard Vendes next words.  “That is part of the test,”

Jim’s shoulders lowered in defeat, “Oh, great.  Tobes, Y/n! Come here and help me.”  Jim waved to the both of you to come to him.  

You took long strides as a shiver went up your spine as it felt like a pair of cold hands were pressed upon your back.  With your blue colored bracelet slightly glowly ominously, and Toby jogging behind you to keep up.  

“Okay, JImbo, but I am not sticking my hand in there,”  Jim nods curtly as Toby and you made step’s with your hand as you hosted Jim onto Toby’s back.  All three of you slightly grunting at the small work out you all were getting, more so Toby and Jim than you.  

Jim stands up all the way and looks inside the mouth of the statue as a mechanism whirled and the inner teeth started moving in and out as if it was chomping on something even though nothing was there.   

With a very nervous look on his face Jim lifts up his right arm and sticks it into the mouth as you unconsciously lean back slightly bracing yourself for the worse.  

The mouth of the troll statue clamped shut, as Jim let out a surprised and scared yell as he started kicking his feet.  Toby tries to look up to see what was going on but only gets a kick in the face in return.  

Jim kicks Toby another time and ends up kicking him out from underneath him as he took his feet and started using them as leverage to pull his arm out but was unsuccessful.  Just as fast as it closed it opened back up causing Jim who was pushing off of the statue to get away to end up flying back and landing on top of Toby causing the air in Toby’s lungs to come out with a wheeze.  

You cringed heavily as you released the tension in your body relieved that Jim still had his arm back.  Jim thinking the same thing.  

“I’m okay!”  Jim sighs out with real life.  

Toby being the opposite of okay groans, “Ooh, everything hurts.  Well? What is it?”  Toby asks Vendel with a smile on his face.  Stars slightly appear around you seeing how cute Toby can be.  

Vendel looks up to the statue and hums disappointedly, “Inconclusive.”  Vendel says looking down at the two based on where he is hearing them from.