O N E

》CHAPTER ONE《

𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

All three targets light up green after being shot straight through the centre of their target with the gun in my hand. "Very good, Bee. I see you've been practising?" Hayden, my brother, places his hand on my shoulder, impressed with my aim.

"Shooting takes my mind off of things." I shrug, looking at his proud figure over my shoulder. I've been shooting for ten years now. Ever since I've been introduced to this shooting range I've been using it as a distraction. And I've gotten pretty good.

About a week after Laurent took me, my dad made it to the news about his death from a house fire caused by a cigarette and a candle on carpet. The last evidence of us ever being in the same room for the last time. But I'm grateful that he died and Laurent took me in because my life has been at its best for the last ten years. Now I have four older brothers and loving parents which is way different from one dead parent, two dead siblings and an abusive father.

I've kept to myself these ten years, in school and at home. Laurent and Blake, his wife, decided one day to send me to therapy and it turns out I have anger issues caused from stress and abuse. My brothers help me cope with it most days and sometimes I come either down here or to the boxing gym down the hall to cool off.

"Looks like we have ourselves a future sniper." Ethan, Haydens twin walts in. I take the earmuffs off to hear them better. "Looks good on you." Ethan compliments the gun in my hand.

"Thanks." I nod in appreciation. Emptying the barrel, I place the gun back where I found it and turn to the twins "Why are you two here?"

"Huh... oh, I only came to check on you." Hayden huffs, hands spring to the air in surrender as I place the earmuffs back on their hook.

"I'm here because mums pissed," Ethan begins, roaming the room and examining each gun; he can't shoot for shit. "because you both are half an hour late for dinner and mum won't let any of us eat until you both get your asses up there." He finishes.

Me and Hayden both exchange oh shit glances at each other before bolting out the room. I run into a few corner walls and Hayden trips over his undone laces a few times before we reach the archway of the dining room. Dylan is already seated at the table, watching Blake place plates on the table.

"Sorry!" Hayden puffs out as we're both a panting mess in the arch way. Leaning on each other for support.

"For what?" Blake questions as she serves piping hot food onto different plates. Huh?

I send a livid glare at a laughing Ethan. He knows how scarry Blake gets when she's mad. It's not fun. She gets scary. Like her face gets all red like anger goes on fire in inside out.

"Ethan! You little shit." I shout, running after him up the stairs until he locks himself in his room.

BANG!

"Open up you little twat!" I bang my fist hard on his locked door a few times.

"Hey!" I glare behind me at Laurent who raised his voice. "Don't call him that, now come down for dinner." He orders in a calm tone, papers in his hands and his reading glasses sat on his head.

Flipping off Ethan behind his closed door, I leave down the stairs to go sit at the dining table beside Dylan. "Hey Bee."

"Hey."