T H R E E

》CHAPTER THREE《
Jaxon Carnell

MY HEART THUMPS in my chest; excitment crawling it's way up my throat at the beat of my adrenaline. My footsteps are heavy the quicker I walk down the hall. My father ordered to see me for a matter... a matter of what is a question. That's what's got my adrenaline kicking.

When I reach his office door, I knock and patiently wait for permision.

"Come in." a man calls out from behind the door.

Entering, I close the door behind me and turn to face the man who's sat behind a desk with floor to ceiling windows behind him. In the corner of the room is a small section of sofas that face a fire place which has been lit. The only source of light given is the fireplace and a small lamp on his desk. The light illuminates the sharp featrues that we both share. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Have a seat, son." he gestures to one of the arm chairs that face his desk like he's at the headmasters office.

Doing as ordered, I take a seat and cross my arms while my legs are spread. I was told that 'the boss' wanted to see me. The boss being my father, which makes me his heir. I'm the heir to the Carnell Mafia. I've proven myself to my father that I'm capable of being mafia leader; I've killed, tortured, shagged, drugged and so on. I've done all my assaignments given without a problem. So I was supprised when word reached me from one of our men that 'the boss' wanted to see me.

He pulls out a file, the file I recognise as a child where I'd sit on his lap and read the names the file contained. The file is a list of promises for mafia heirs. A promise being our arranged marriage. But this ones different. Instead of marrying them once we meet, there is a ceremony that has to be done to claim them officialy as ours. It's a tradition in our Mafia and since it's so big with different sections, we have a lot of heirs. But once I'm leader, they will all bow to me. Because, though we have all these different sectors around the country, I'm the heir to the biggest. The main.

He slides a picture across the dark wood. "This, my boy, is your promise."

When all the heirs were fifteen, we were made to take an oath, knowing that some of us won't make it out to leadership and end up in death. When that happens their mafia will collide with the biggest. AKA: mine. When all remaining heirs had survived the first part at seventeen, we were rewarded with sex.

There are no ruels for us heirs once we have ourselves a promise. Only for the promised. If they accept in being a promise they would have to willingly vow to belong to us, then they're ours. We can share them or borrow them to anyone but if they step out of line they are to be punished. Basically they become the heirs sub just with no liits and we can do what ever the fuck we want with them.

"No." though heirs normally get to choose who their promise is, it doesn't seem to look like it at this moment.

His same sea blue eyes as mine stare back at me. His same sharp jaw as mine is clenched. The man looks young with little wrinkles and too young to be my father. And he hates that fact. He had my oldest sister when he got into power which was at nineteen. He wasn't happy that she wasnt a boy and decided to try until he got a boy to be heir. It took him four tries to get a boy, my brother, who is now dead. He had my other sister before he had me at thirtyone and then stopped fucking anything that moved when he had my youngest sister.

He's fiftythree present time.

I turn my head toward one of the floor to ceiling windows. The view is dark, probably because it's late at night, black SUV's are parked around the fountain and the gate is closed. When I turn back to him, I word my sentence differently, "she's not my promise."

"She is. You don't get to choose. You may have heard that heirs get to but no heirs like you. You don't get a choice." She's three years younger then me and still attending college. She had started her first year when I strated my last. All Mafia children from our Mafia are assigned to a private school. I've seen her on the corridors but never spoken to her. I had no reason to. Plus she was always on her own ignoring everyone and giving dirty pissed off looks to people.

Sighing at my fathers face I pick the picture back up. She sits at a the college library with a book in hand and sushi layed infront of her. She's so into her book that she's oblivious to the fact that someone is watching her and taking pictures. From what I can see she wears a hoodie too big for her and her hair is down in a wavy state.

"No. Why her?" I whine, shaking my head. "She's..."

"Are you denying me?" My father asks, tilting his head to the side. Disobeying someone in a higher status from you could mean several things including death.

"No, sir."

"Good. Then get it done at the ball. Introduce yourself and get her to agree." He orders, standing from his seat.

"Yes, sir." I also stand. Then I turn and exit his office, knowing I have no way out of this mess until I make Billie Henderson mine.

 Then I turn and exit his office, knowing I have no way out of this mess until I make Billie Henderson mine

》《》《》《

Another short one sorry.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year 🎉 ✨️ 😊