T W O

》CHAPTER TWO《

Jaxon Carnell

GLASS SHATTERS ALL over the wooden floor of the kitchen to this apartment. We step inside, trying our best to keep quiet as to not wake up a soul. If we do, our mission will not be complete. 

Desmond beside me starts inside. This is an open apartment with the kitchen and livingroom in one. Desmond starts to raid the open kitchen in search for something.

We've been given a job to kill this man who had betrayed our Mafia by leaking information to another. But him and only him.

His wife doesn't need any harm given.

"Hey." Desmond whisper hisses at me from the kitchen cupboards. When I turn he holds a dildo in his hand proudly, "look what I found."

Oh Jesus.

He waves it around with a  massive smile on his face as if he just won a competition. "Hey! Stop waving it around and let's get the job done." I whisper hiss back. I will not have my position taken from me because of a failed job because someone wanted to wave a dildo he found around like a fucking flag.

God knows who's ass that been up in.

He shoves it back in the drawer he found it in and continues to search the room. Our mission is not only to kill this man but to find the evidence he has on us. So we're lucky one of our spies reported that his wife is out on a girls trip before we came here.

My eyes roam the room until they land on a console table under a hung TV on the wall. The console table has drawers for storage. My legs carry me over and my hands automatically go to slide one draw open.

A strong smell reaches my nose. Like weed. My head snaps toward the hallway leading to the bathroom and bedroom where our target is located. Searching for any signs of consciousness. No light under the door flips on and no sound of footsteps are heard.

But a light is flicked on behind me, catching my attention. Desmond stands behind me with a lighter in one hand while his other covers the flame from going out.

He feels my eyes on him which stuns him to a sudden stop. "What?" He shrugs with an unlit joint hanging from his bottom lip.

Rolling my eyes I hiss at him, he's obvious not taking this mission seriously. "Put that thing away." If I don't my future position will be stripped away from me. And I want it more than anything.

He groans, pocketing his lighter in his back Jean pocket and keeping his joint in a small metal case. I open one draw to the console table and fond news papers and pens. I open the second and find a lighter and some paperclips. Then I pull the third one open which reveals a stack of papers with clipped photos.

Bingo!

I bring the stack out from the drawer and close it. "I've found it." I inform Desmond who's chugging milk from the fridge. Unbelievable.

I look over the papers, noticing the notes written down are what we're doing with a photo to follow. In this picture, we were at a dropout receiving guns from sector twelve. My father has thirteen sectors in total which is also the biggest Mafia in the world.

"Let's go finish the job then." Desmond actually says something useful that I agree with. He goes first while I follow behind.

He pulls our his gun but before he open the door I cover his gun with mine. Is he stupid? We can't use guns on this mission since we're in an apartment complex. He looks at me skeptically as I shake my head. I go first, knife in hand, I make my way inside.

He's asleep. The covers are drapped over his naked figure. Hair covers most his body and it doesnt look appealing. Next to him, a blonde sleeps who's also naked.

Cheating cunt.

"Fuck man," Desmond beside me mumbles in shock. "He's cheating."

I nod, "Good eyes."

I can feel his stand straighter, proud of himself for stating the obvious, "Thank you." I shake my head at him.

"Take a picture." I order. We'll have to show his wife she was better without. I hear his phone take the picture so when he keeps it I walk over to the girl and search the draws of the bedside cabinet. Coming across some sleeping pills, I drug her with a hand over her mouth, forcing her to swallow. When she does I gesture toward the man beside her and Desmond takes him out. Slashing his throat causing blood to spew out of his mouth.

"Ew." Desmond says, not bothering to be quiet anymore.

"Come on. Let's go and call it in to be cleaned up." I announce, already out the bedroom door.

" I announce, already out the bedroom door

》《》《》《

Sorry for the wait!
I've been glued to The Ritual 🤭🤭

Here's a short chapter! Sorry 😅