The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 5

After returning back to Mr. Sam's shop again to get more eggs, they headed back to the kitchen with a new carton of eggs. However, Yuki had to pull Deuce along the way back, seeing that the male was in a depressing state to do anything at the point right after she told him the truth about the eggs and baby chicks. Yuki had to explain to Mr. Sam about the eggs and needed some more, which he agreed to and handed them another carton of eggs for free as a replacement. They soon returned back to the kitchen where the others were waiting for them. The patient group looked at them in question and wondered what happened, but Yuki decided to tell them later after they finished making the tarts.

"All right. Add the finishing touch of marron glacé and..." Trey instructed.

"Perfect!" the Shoshi Twins shouted, clapping their hands together.

"We're done~!!" Ace and Grim cheered.

"Hooray..." Deuce cheered in a depressing tone.

"Did something happen to this guy when you went shopping?" Ace asked Yuki.

"Let's let him be for a while." Yuki whispered to him.

"What in the world did I believe in for sixteen years...?" Deuce muttered in despair.

"Hm?" Yuri tilted her head in confusion and looked at her sister, who pointed at the eggshells in silence. "Oh."

"Who knew that making desserts would take this long?" Ace sighed out when he sat down on a chair and rolled his shoulder to ease the tension. "I'm so tired..."

"Nice work~ ♪" Cater's voice called out as he came in the kitchen. "Did you finish the tarts? The decoration looks so cute~! It's totally 'grammable! Let me take a pic~" he said happily and took out his cellphone to take pictures of them and the tarts.

"Well well, if it isn't Cater-Doll~" Vivid said, waving at the male.

Ace let out a short yelp, nearly falling off his seat and glared at the 3rd year student. "Where were you all this time?"

"I came to check on my cute little juniors 'cause you were doing your best~" Cater then noticed their tired expression and let out a laugh. "Ahaha, you look dead tired!"

"Why wouldn't we? We've been working on the tarts since we got here." Yuri said, glaring at the male as her sister nudged her.

"Doing things you're not used to can be tiring. In any case, sweets are the solution for a weary body." Trey said, as he cut up a slice of the tart for everyone. "Have some of our freshly made marron tart."

"Yay~!" Cater and Grim cheered as Trey handed each of them a slice.

"You only came here to help us with the tasting..." Ace asked with a deadpan look on his face when Cater got a hold of his plate.

"Let him be, we may need his opinion on the tart." Yuri said as she handed a slice to Kaen.

Ace grumbles under his breath as he uses his fork to take a piece off his slice and places it in his mouth, his eyes widened in shock. "Oh, damn...!"

"This is so good~!" Cater said when he took a bite of his.

Deuce's eyes widened when he took a bite. "Amazing...It's better than the ones in the store!"

"This is incredible!" Yuri said.

"So yummy!" Yuki cried out in delight.

"It's sweet, but it's not super overpowering." Grim said with a mouth full. "My mouth feels like it's in a field of chestnuts, yanno~!"

"Is that a compliment?" Trey asked nervously.

"Kon!/Kon Kon!" both Kaen and Shimo cried out, wagging their tails.