🦁 The Rebel of the Savanna: Chapter 1

AN: Hello everyone, thank u so much for waiting on the next chapter!!! So here it is, chapter 1 of the Savanaclaw Arc!!! Hope u guys luv it!!!

Leona Kingscholar:

🦁 Third Year Student

🦁 Dorm Prefect

Ruggie Bucchi:

🍩 Second Year Student

Helen Plekke (OC):

🐾 First Year Student

🐾 Dorm Assistant

Jack Howl:

🐺 First Year Student

City Forest - Whispering Trees

In the farthest side of the forest, where the trees became slightly bare but still had their leaves in places as hollow holes of different sizes were covering the bark from top to bottom. Covering the area was a misty fog that could be thick or thin depending on the weather of the day. A gentle breeze blows here every day, going in and out through the holes that were created, making strange sounds that almost sounds like someone was whispering to you, reasons why this area got its name. When the fog was thick it was hard to see anything from far but you could still see the figures moving as if they were a living shadow. When the fog was thin, it looked more misty as if you had entered an enchanted forest, with this it was perfect for the people to hunt.

"Now pay attention, Yuki." Lilith spoke, holding a bow in her hand with arrows being carried on her back in a made quiver, looking at the young child who had the small, yet same, bow and arrow in her hands. "Once you and your sister are older, you two will want to venture out on your own. And to do so, you need to prepare yourselves first."

"Why isn't Yuri here with us?" Yuki asked her mother.

"Well...let's just say...that Yuri isn't very good with a bow and arrow..." Lilith said, letting out a small shudder after. "Uhh...Good thing that old man had a fake leg..."

"Huh?"

"Ah—N-nothing! It's nothing..." Lilith said and cleared her throat. "Now then, once in a while this area here will have the resource of meat we need for food. However, depending on the weather it is complicated to find them. Which is why we wait for the fog to be thin and start hunting while we can. With fog like this, it's easier to see and to hide our presence as well." Lilith explained.

"M-mommy." Yuki spoke softly.

"Yes, sweetie?" Lilith looked at Yuki.

"W-why do we have to hide?"

"Well, animals here haven't seen humans before and see us as dangerous creatures." Lilith replied, crouching down to her daughter. "And if they see us, they'll either run away or hurt us."

"H-hurt us?" Yuki whimpered.

"Yuki, listen to me sweetie." Lilith spoke softly. "I know that it's scary to think that, but in times like this we have to face our fears and fight through them. These are the reasons why we have these." she said, pointing at the bows and arrows.

"Why do we have them?" Yuki asked, tilting her head in question.

"For us, we need them to survive and to protect." Lilith replied.

"Who?"

Lilith looked at Yuki with a small surprised look on her face and then showed her a soft smile. "Those ones who you love and care for, sweetie."

Ramshackle Dorm – Twins' Bedroom

The moon shines brightly in the sky above, giving light in the night. A gentle breeze blew by swaying the leaves and grass that was around creating a gentle sound that was soothing and calming to everyone around. In the Ramshackle Dorm, everyone was sound asleep, the only sounds that could be heard by them was the soft sound of snoring from the female while Grim was snoring loudly and talking in his sleep. Yuki let out a soft groan as she tiredly stretched out her limbs and turned on her bed, not knowing that her mind was getting pulled in by the glowing mirror just as it did with her sister.