jacaerys velaryon ; love, parents, and truths

➷ summary ; requested by anon.

"can u do one where the reader is married to jace and they are having their 2nd or 3rd child and Alicent disapproves as he is a bastard?"

➷ pairing ; jacaerys velaryon x pregnant!reader, little bit of family!alicent hightower x reader

➷ notes ; i had the lovely idea of making this a family argument so this is a vent post with happy ending!! also he looks so happy and handsome here?? dunno if the word 'auntie' exists in got dialect but it does now!

━┉⠀❩⠀◗⠀●⃟⠀◖⠀❨⠀┉━

"i want to go back to court."

the statement draws the attention from prince jacaerys, his brows furrowing as he lifts his head to look at you. he opens his mouth surely to protest, but he closes it and straightens his back instead. his study's across the painted table are abandoned, and instead, he crosses the room to be by your side.

your eldest boy, with hair as black as night and soft curls twisting the ends, he looks up at his father and babbles something incoherently. your hand immediately go to your sons' hair, ruffling it gently.

"i thought you said that you never wanted to go back to court?" he asks.

you look down at the small loom in your hand, already beginning to fiddle with the spools of cloth that hung from it. you avoided his eye contact and focused on your stitching instead. you knew jacaerys had no like for your family; your cousins, ever the charmers, decidedly always sneered at jacaerys and lucerys and your aunt always seemed vexed at the presence of princess rhaenyra's family. you never understood the rivalry that begun for the targaryen children of the late king viserys. you were lucky enough to be sired from alicent's brother and thus out of range for their spewing hatred.

somehow, love had blossomed between you and jacaerys with your time at court. you had defended him whenever your cousins came around and oftentimes you embarrassed aegon and aemond as a result. jacaerys found warmth within you, the kind that made him feel safe and wanted; a warmth that burned within a castle and kept it warm despite the outside cold, and he liked it. he wanted to call you home one day, so thus began his attempted courtship.

with your father outside of court and entrusting you to his sister, queen alicent, she was oftentimes the spoke-person for your hand. you were grateful she didn't marry you off to just anyone, but she gave jacaerys more trouble than she should have. when jacaerys had asked for your hand, she didn't tell you that she had ushered him away and told him you were promised to another. that was a lie, of course. when he came to your room, begging an audience and the truth, you decidedly ran from court with him.

his mother, rhaenyra, wasn't happy about how upset the court was going to be, but she allowed you and jacaerys to hide behind her wings.

that was almost four years ago.

"my aunt wants to see our children," you say after a moment of thought. jacaerys' eyes widen for a moment and he kneels down to play with his son as the silence settles between you. "she sent a letter not too long ago, pleading for me to return to court with them."

he inhales deeply, "are you sure you want to do this?"

"no, but she is my family, jacaerys." your hold tightens on the loom, enough to turn your knuckles white. your father had caught wind of the elopement between you and jacaerys. he came to dragonstone himself, wished you the best, and said no ill will. you were glad your father was more understanding. "i can't keep my family away from her forever."