lucerys velaryon ; petrichor and sea salt

⁀➷ summary ; drabble requested by a friend as part of my 1k follower celebration.

"I was thinking about this prompt "please. please just listen to me.""+ "Like in the rain them fighting over something and he says "please. please just listen to me." He confesses and she just stands. Then she hits him and yells at him "WHY TF DID YOU NOT SAY ANYTHING SOONER YOU IDIOT?!?!?""

⁀➷ pairing ; lucerys velaryon x reader

⁀➷ notes ; i thought this was a beautiful concept!! yay unrevised 8 am writing 😫🙏

━┉⠀❩⠀◗⠀●⃟⠀◖⠀❨⠀┉━

thunder looms over the castle of driftmark. bursts of hot, white flashes litter the sky, illuminating the sparsely lit hallways of the castle to a point where the shadows come alive. rain is pelting down on the cobblestone, tittering and pattering against the high stone walls of driftmark. wind is howling within the night, seeming to make a song for the shadows to dance to.

you're disheartened at this point, anger freely flowing through your veins and, despite the cold the winds bring, burning your skin with intense fire. a huff of hair shoots out from your mouth, the tears that formed as a result of yelling at your lifelong best friend, lucerys velaryon, were now free falling, sending cascades of rivers to stain your pink cheeks.

lucerys is saying something, you don't know what, for there's a stream of blood rushing to your ears that drowns out his words. you grow increasingly irritated; you're hot and sticky with sweat, there's a pounding in your head from the tears that spill, and bottom line, lucerys is avoiding the answer to your question.

"forget it, luke," you seethe through a clenched jaw. you turn on your heel, stomping out of his doorway and into the canopy of walls. despite the overhang, droplets rain in from the sides that were littered with open windows. each droplet attacks you with ferocity, almost mimicking the anger you felt boiling in your stomach – taunting you and telling you the prince wasn't yours.

who was lucerys to decide who you should court? as your friend and prince, he should have some influence to help you live happily, not squander your attempts to find a good match.

despite the bitter cold of the outside of his room, lucerys follows you, his pleas becoming more desperate. his voice is loud over the ocean that sings its melody.

"please! please," lucerys cries out, a hand raising to shield his eyes from the water that attracted itself to his face. he follows you down the path where it leads to the open courtyard. you're both soaked to the bone at this point, shivers racking both your body's, and warm breaths of air puffing smoke into the sky. lucerys pulls his wet coat tighter around him, "listen to me!"

his hand flies to your wrists and pulls you to a stop, turning you around to face him. his dark hair sticks to his forehead, sending droplets to fly from the ends. his eyes are filled with a wild innocence. you stare at him grudgingly, your face contorting into despair as tears continue to fall; they're filled with anger and disappointment.

"i–" luke starts, cutting himself off as he thinks. he's unsure as to what to say – should he just lay it all out? he could, but then who was to say how you would react? would he lose your friendship? "i said no to all of them because–"

he stops, his words losing themself within the rain.

"well?" you respond, brows furrowed.

"i love you."

it's as if you control the weather yourself, for the anger you feel bubbles down into a simmer and the rain's ferociousness dies down, replaced by softer pellets of rain. you're open-mouthed, mind tasting his confession on your subconscious voice. you blink away you tears and think.

it all made sense, really. as if everything clicked all at once.

lucerys velaryon denied all your suitors because he loved you.

a hand goes to your face, wiping the excess water and removing hair that's bothering your face. you two stare at each other, unsure.

suddenly, your hand swats at his chest and he jumps back, turning his chest away. the action causes a dull ache on his skin and a burning sensation on your knuckle. he puts his arms in front of him as if to defend himself from another attack. he's bewildered, shouting a 'hey' in response.

"why didn't you tell me sooner?" you shout, sending another attack on his covered torso. he swats away your hand with his. "i love you, lucerys, but sometimes you're an idiot."

the insult flies over his head when you announce your own heartfelt feelings. he knows you were upset and wound up by the anger you felt, but now words of clarity were spilling from you. your words give him confidence, confidence to move forward and grasp your face with his hands, pulling you into a soft kiss. your hands meet his and you sink into the action.

he pulls away, smacking his lips together quietly as if tasting you on them.

he pushes a strand of hair back, biting back a smile, "i don't know."

you shake your head, returning the grin that was growing on his mouth, "you're an idiot, lucerys velaryon."