lucerys velaryon ; confessions from the heart

summary ; drabble requested by anon as part of my 1k follower celebration.

"#14 romantic confession + Luke? congratulations on 1k!"
"14. i dream of you. all i do, is dream of you."

pairing ; lucerys velaryon x reader

notes ; no notes.

━┉⠀❩⠀◗⠀●⃟⠀◖⠀❨⠀┉━

rainy days on the island of driftmark are an omen of the gods; to rest, to relax, and to allow your mind to settle into a poetic wonder.

rain pitter–patters against the stone walls and wind howls, rousing the nature of driftmark into a chorus of ruffling leaves. the sea clashes violently against sea walls, sprays of salt and ocean splashing against the inner land. the sweet smell of rain and sea flood your senses; causing you to inhale deeply and relax into your chair.

lucerys is quietly sitting near you in a chair, head lodged into a book where he utters the words of its contents to himself. you're sure it's his way of keeping pace – avoiding the need to allow his eyes to scatter the page wildly. he tastes each word on his tongue, pausing on more syllable-difficult words. this way, you reckon, he understands the book in its complex entirety.

"enjoying your book?" you question, fingers tracing shapes on to your exposed skin.

lucerys doesn't miss a beat, "mhm."

odd.

he always replies with a word, never sounds.
you slowly rise from your lain position on the sofa, arms helping you in the process. you peak over the cushions and observe his serene features. your legs swing over, feet touching the ground and pushing you off your seat. you approach him and look over his shoulder.

it's.. about dreams?

"dreams?" you echo your thoughts. you watch as lucerys' finger skims the page, suddenly stopping at a subheading that read 'DREAMS ABOUT LOVED ONES'. he turns his head to the side, his eyes peeking up through his lashes and bangs.

"i dream of you," he hums, looking back down at the book with shyness from his confession. he licks his lips and tries to swallow down the nerves. "all the time."

his words easily make a blush creep up on to your cheeks. they're suddenly blistering hot. you seat at his shoulder and move to sit at the chair adjacent to him. the words flare in your stomach, causing a certain giddiness. dreams about a loved one. was the notion of clairvoyance plaguing him?

"you do?" you respond bashfully, folding your hands together and gently resting your head on them. you smile at him when he meets your gaze. "nothing else?"

he laughs, suddenly embarrassed, "all i do, is dream of you."

it's tooth-achingly sweet. he's looking at you with this glint in his eye and a soft smile that reminds you of when he was a just a boy. when he was unsure of himself and constantly on the receiving end of being abashed. you lean forward and press a kiss to his cheek.

"and what does the book say, hm?"

lucerys feels a sense of pride and devotion swell in his chest at your question. he gives you a toothy grin, rising to his feet to lean over the table.

he gives you a kiss on your cheek, "it means," he kisses you on your other cheek, "that i'm hopelessly," he kisses your mouth, "in love with you."

the prince of driftmark pulls away just a bit, his eyes searching yours for any sign of rejection. there is none, for you sigh longingly and give him another kiss on the mouth. he smiles into it and indulges himself into the feeling it gives him.

"i'm hopelessly in love with you, lucerys velaryon."