jacaerys velaryon ; needlework

summary ; drabble requested by anon as part of my 1k follower celebration.

"HIIII I LOVE YOUR WORK SO MUCH. Could you do #50 types of kisses for jacaerys please"
"A kiss, followed by more that trail down the jaw and neck."

pairing ; jacaerys velaryon x reader

notes ; no notes for this <3

━┉⠀❩⠀◗⠀●⃟⠀◖⠀❨⠀┉━

needlework was one of the few things you have grown to become good at over the years.

dedicating hours of your time to weave something so palpable with intricate, fine detailing that you could wear and call your own.

you're admiring it now – the art of your craftsmanship. it's a dress, or at least, the working beginnings of one. the ends are frayed with stitches bare and loose. the colors are dark; colors from your family house and house velaryon are mingled, along with the making of your family emblem and a seahorse.

the dress would be beautiful, you thought. it didn't need to be grand or made of the finest silks, it was something to remind you of home.

"looks like it's coming along." jacaerys voice is hushed against your ear, his chin nestling into your shoulder. the length of his brown locks tickle your ear and his arms snake their way around your wrist. his hands are splayed, large and warm against your clothed tummy.

you smile, your own hands gently fingering the unfinished product, "d'you like the colors?"

"i love 'em," he murmurs, his nose nuzzling your chin before he raises a hand, finger pulling your face toward him. his breath mingled with yours, his eyes big and colored like walnuts. his eyes flutter shut, lashes kissing the freckled skin beneath. you follow suit, leaning up to join him with his kiss.

after a chaste kiss, you pull away, giving him a sweet smile. he gives you a similar one, eyes turning to gaze at the makeshift dress in your hands. you follow his line of sight, fingers drawing over the seahorse.

"a seahorse," you whisper, "for house velaryon."

he hums in response, his lips placing a wet kiss on your jaw. you continue to describe the dress to him in a hushed tone, and with each description, his kiss trails to the soft flesh of your neck, then the conjunction of your shoulders to your neck where the collarbone laid.

you feel goosebumps in the wake of his kisses, sending a blossom of warmth through your veins. he gets to a ticklish spot where his hair reaches and you recoil at the sensation. you giggle slightly, your hand raising to ruffle the hair that dangles over your shoulder.

"jacaerys," you warn. "are you listening to me?"

"'m proud of your needlework, my love." he responds, raising his brow to send you a look out the corner of his eye – or rather, what he could see from where his face is nestled. "'m showing my appreciation."

"mm, i'm sure you are."

"i think it's beautiful," jace says once he pulls away, his hands moving to rub at your arms comfortingly. he places one more kiss on your skin, this time, on your cheek. "i'll leave you to it, if you want me to."

you shake your head, your own hands finding his once he wraps his arms around you again.

"stay."