lucerys velaryon ; windfall

summary ; drabble requested by a mutual as part of my 1k follower celebration.

"romantic confession 5 or 6 lucerys"
"5. it's you. it's always been you."

pairing ; lucerys velaryon x reader

notes ; decided to do 5 for the scenario i thought of :)

━┉⠀❩⠀◗⠀●⃟⠀◖⠀❨⠀┉━

it's easy to not be yourself at court in kings landing, especially when single ladies are throwing themselves at your secret lover – was that the right term for it? could you even call yourselves that? friends, but less than lovers, was there a word for that?

you don't know what the worse part is; that you can't intervene and show them their place, or that you can't be with him, publicly.

uneasiness and anxiety are two emotions that are hard to quell the feeling of when they start to make themself known. it makes you feel stuck; like a stone flowing down the currents of a river, only to get trapped under a bigger rock. as this stuck stone, you're watching all your other stone friends dance down the current – leaving you behind without a second glance.
that's what this felt like, right now.

watching lucerys, the handsome young lord he had finally grown into after all these years, chat with the other ladies of court. they're batting their eyes, twirling their hair, and laughing at everything and anything he's saying. anything and everything.

in truth, lucerys is not that funny.

the ladies are beautiful, no doubt. hair curled into ringlets and strewn up into that southern hair fashion that they love so much. long, silky gowns from essos that touch the floor and seem vibrant in the sunlight. they seem much more elevated and.. refined; fit for a king of driftmark.

lucerys feels your gaze and turns his attention toward you, his smile widening when he locks eyes with you. you manage to him a meek smile, but you quickly retreat when tears begin to well in your eyes.

without looking where you're going, your feet carry you somewhere down the twists and turns of the red keep. you pass the tower of the hand, the courtyard, then up some stairs to a hall's name that you can't remember.

a wooden door then takes up the frame of your vision. your hands find the handle and you push it open with a soft grunt. your breaths are slowly becoming more labored, the threat of tears evident in the way your breaths shudder here and there. why were you even crying?

you shut the door behind you and move to a sofa. you fling yourself on to it rather ungraceful, with soft, mewling cries leaving your mouth. tears flow slowly, cascading salty rivers down your cheeks and staining the satin cushion. you're like this for a few moments, your quieted cries echoing in the large room. the door that you entered opens and closes, and your hand quickly moves to wipe at the tears.

"go away," you sputter.

"this is my room."

you raise your head and see lucerys, his face screwed into a sort of sympathetic frown. he moves forward, taking a seat beside you. his hand raises to your face to wipe away a stray tear.

"why are you crying?" was he oblivious, or unable to read a room?

you release a deep sigh, looking down in shame as you play with the gathered tassel of a pillow, "the ladies."

he moves his head low enough to catch a glance at your face. you peek up through your brows, watching him raise his brows.

"they're.. flaunting all over you. it just makes me," you trail off, unsure as of how to confess your hearts desire. "lucerys, i love you, more than friends."

his face is unreadable, his eyes lowering to where your fingers played with the tassel. he sucks his bottom lip in, chewing on it gently in thought. that's when nerves begin to instill fear – digging deep and rattling your bones. was he going to rebuke you? tell you that this was nothing more than —

"it's you. it's always been you."

you look up, observing the way his face is drawn down. his head raises slowly, eyes trailing from up the same way. luke gives you a side smile, like the one his mother always does, and reaches for your hands. his hands cover yours and he's gently running his thumb along the skin.

"no one can convince me otherwise," he murmurs, scooting over closer to you. the warmth he brings is comforting, draping over your shoulders and hugging you tight – wordlessly telling you that you are his. "no one can change it."

he moves forward, placing a gentle kiss on your cheek.

"i'm sorry if i made you feel any different."

he moves again, this time to kiss your forehead.

"it will always be you."