☂︎︎ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 | 𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧

y/n's POV:

me and aidan gallagher have always been friends. or had.

aidan and i met back in 1st grade and we were best friends up until 7th grade when he got in with the popular kids.

we started drifting apart and when i tried to talk to him he would walk away without even looking at me.

we were now juniors and the only two friends i had were gia and brady, who was gay.

"hey, girlfriend!" the two sprint over to me as i put in my locker combo.

"hey, guys," i fake a smile. brady gives me a look.

"we know when you fake a smile or not, we're your best friends," he says.

"that smile was fake?" gia asks.

"or atleast i do. what's up?" i sigh and gently close my locker after i got my books out.

"you know that guy i used to be friends with? aidan gallagher?" i ask.

"oh, yea! he's like, really hot," brady says. i roll my eyes.

"whatever. him and his friends have been bullying me," the two gasp.

"those bitches!" brady shouts.

"language! mr. roberts!" our principal passes us.

"sorry, ms. lily," brady apologized.

"how dare aidan do that to you! after already ditching you for 4 years!" gia exclaims.

"it's fine, i'm fine," i say.

"hey, loser!" one of aidan's friends, ravi, knocks my books out of my hands.

"hey! leave her alone!" brady steps in front of me protectively.

"what are you gonna do? f-"

"don't even say it," i push brady back.

"you can mess with me all you want, but you do not mess with my friends," ravi laughs.

"dude, leave her alone," aidan comes up and pulls ravi away from me. me, brady, and gia widen our eyes.

"what has gotten into you this week?" ravi shoves aidan before walking away. aidan walks towards me.

"hey, are you oka-" i walk away before he could finish his question. i appreciate him saving me from ravi, but he still pretended i didn't exist for 4 years.

"wait- y/n!" aidan follows close behind.

"y/n stop!" he grabs my arm.

"what do you want?"

"i'm sorry! i really am!" i roll my eyes.

"aidan, you left me for the popular kids when we were only 12! then bullied me, and just completely pretended i didn't exist. as if we weren't friends before,"

"i know and i'm sorry! i was stupid, i threw away my friendship with my best friend to be friends with people who didn't even care about me. i'm so sorry!" he hugs me, silently sobbing into my shoulder. i slowly wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"aidan.. shh, it's okay," i whisper sweet nothings into his ear as he sobs.

"i'm so sorry!" he practically screams into my neck.

"hey," i pull his head out of my neck and wipes his tears.

"it's okay," i see his eyes glance down at my lips and i tilt my head.

*flashback*

y/n and aidan were giggling as they ran around the playground.

"can't catch me!" y/n shouts as she runs away from aidan.

"can to!" aidan chased her until he eventually caught up and grabbed her by the waist.

"gotcha!" they both laugh until they realized how close their faces were. aidan glanced down at her lips and slowly leaned in. y/n followed his actions before they were interrupted.

"y/n! aidan! time to go home!"

end of flashback

he slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. she melted into the kiss and ran her fingers through his now long hair. he holds her waist as she tugs on his hair. eventually the two pulled away.

"i've wanted to do that since 3rd grade," aidan breathes out.

"same,"

if anyone happens to know elijah best (sketch) and like him i started an x reader for him so check it out :)