Chapter 2: The Inevitable

——————————🌊——————————

A huge ship that was shaped like a sea beast at the front sailed through the ocean at high speeds. The wind blowing through it's red sails, propelling it through the sea. The back of the boat bore the name 'The Inevitable'. This was the famous hunter ship that Maisie was reading about.

A loud bell could be heard ringing all around the boat, and the crew was very busy doing their tasks, as a red headed woman walked along the ship making sure they were doing their jobs.

"All together now! Heave away!" She shouted.

A man walked along the deck wrapping some fabric around his hands. He adjusted his belt, which held his sword, a dagger and his pistol, and made his way up to the crows nest.

A woman was standing up there looking through her spyglass, and the man came up next to her and pulled out his own.

"Where'd you see it?" He asked.

"Dead ahead, Jacob." The lookout replied.

Jacob was now a fully grown man with short blonde hair and blonde sideburns. He wore a white shirt, blue pants, and brown boots. He peered through his spyglass and saw a flock of birds flying ahead of them.

"Are you sure?" Jacob double checked.

"Aye, a red tail. Biggest I ever saw. Just under the surface."

Jacob smirked and out his spyglass away. "Then today is the day."

Jacob looked down at the deck and he spotted a familiar figure walking along the deck looking around for something. Or someone. His eyes lit up and his smile grew bigger as he leapt out of the crows nest, grabbed a rope and slid down to the deck.

Jacob landed right next to the figure and she jumped in alarm at his sudden appearance.

"Good lord, Jacob, don't do that!" The woman scolded.

Jacob chuckled. "Sorry (Y/n). Didn't mean to frighten you."

(Y/n) had grown up to be a beautiful young woman, with (h/l) (h/c) hair, and pretty (e/c) eyes. She wore a white top, black boots, and black pants, with a belt that held her own sword, dagger and pistol.

"You're forgiven." She teased.

"Well that's good. Can't have me favorite crew member angry at me." Jacob joked back.

(Y/n) smiled and rolled her eyes at him, placing her hands on her hips. "So, what brings you here in such a hurry?"

"Well, I saw you looking around the deck from the crows nest, and I figured you must have been looking for me, and I decided it would be rude to make such a lovely lass wait any longer to see her favorite person on the entire ship." Jacob replied, matter of factly.

"Oh, how generous of you, Jacob." She said sarcastically, and playfully nudged his side.

The two shared a laugh, and (Y/n) looked up at Jacob.

"So, are those birds following what I think they're following?" (Y/n) wondered.

"Aye love, they are." Jacob confirmed.