Chapter 11: Red vs. Crab

——————————🌊——————————

It was now morning on the island, and (Y/n) was laying on the ground in the giant conch shell, sound asleep, while Maisie slept above her in the twisted area of the shell.

Maisie slowly blinked her eyes open and wiped her hand across her nose, but as she became more awake, she noticed some movement coming from their large sack of food.

Maisie stiffened, and slowly reaches down to nudge (Y/n)'s shoulder. "(Y/n). (Y/n), wake up." Maisie whispered.

(Y/n) moaned and shifted before she blinked her eyes open, and looked up at Maisie. "What? What is it?" She groaned.

"Look." Maisie pointed towards the sack, and (Y/n) turned to look where she was pointing, and her eyes widened when she saw a small creature shimmy out of the bag holding one of the fruits.

The creature was small, blue with yellow eyes, and had fins, and a small little fish tail. It also had an antenna at the top of its head that glowed at the end.

The creature began chomping at the fruit, when he turned and noticed Maisie and (Y/n) staring at him. He let out a small squeak and shuffled out of the shell.

"Come on." Maisie whispered, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand. They got up and snuck past a sleeping Jacob to go look for the creature.

Maisie and (Y/n) slowly exited the shell, with Maisie holding a piece of fruit. They noticed that the little blue creature was hiding behind a tree that was thinner than the creature.

"Master of camouflage, that one is." (Y/n) muttered to Maisie, who giggled.

They tried to step closer to it, but the creature squealed and scurried into the bushes. They followed it, and saw it hiding again.

"Hey little guy." Maisie greeted.

The creature squealed and ran away again. He lead them to a small clearing with several rocks and the creature bounced his way into the middle, before sitting and licking his lips.

Maisie and (Y/n) slowly crept towards him, and he noticed that Maisie had food in her hand and came a bit closer. The girls knelt down in front of him, and he came up to Maisie, opened his mouth and put her whole hand in it.

When he pulled away, he had just taken the fruit, and happily chewed on it.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: Guys, Blue is so fricken adorable! I love him so much!)

"You know, he's actually kinda cute." (Y/n) commented.

Maisie nodded in agreement and picked the creature up. The girls stood up and looked at the round little guy with fondness.

"These things ain't so bad." Maisie said.

Maisie hugged the creature to her chest and she and (Y/n) went to walk back to the shell, but Maisie took one step and heard a crunching sound underneath her foot. Turns out, the rocks in the clearing weren't rocks at all. They were eggs. And the two girls were standing in the middle of a field of them.

Maisie whimpered a bit, unsure of how to handle the situation, while (Y/n) began looking for the easiest route they could take to escape.