Chapter 15: Returning Home

——————————🌊——————————

(Y/n) panted heavily as she opened her eyes. Her vision was a little blurry, but she could see that she was in the medical area on the Inevitable. As she looked around, she saw Sarah leaning against the entrance, and Jacob sitting across from Captain Crow, talking to him. Maisie was laying right next to her, curled into her side.

(Y/n) lightly nudged her, and Maisie opened her eyes to look up at (Y/n), and smiled, seeing she was okay, and (Y/n) softly smiled back.

She glanced at her right arm, and saw that it was bandages up, and had a tube in it, that was giving her blood. She followed the tube, and saw that the other end was connected to Jacob's arm.

"I see. That's quite a story Jacob." Crow commented. "The hunters what befriended a beast. Hmm. The beast what took me dead light. What am I to make of ye, Jacob?"

"That thing and I, we uh, had uh, an understanding." Jacob muttered.

"A truce. Hmm? But there cannot be a truce without war. Whatever happened out there is nothing against hundreds of years of war."

Maisie furrowed her brows at Captain Crow's words, and her eyes drifted over to her bag, where her knife was.

"I've always known what I was Jacob. I'm the son of a Captain who was the son of a Captain. And if we are born to fight, then by God, let's fight. That we may be tested and find out greatness. So, I ask you, Jacob, my son, are you...my enemy?" He hissed.

Suddenly, Maisie shot off the bed, and rushed to her stuff. She pulled out her knife, and went to run towards Crow, but (Y/n) jumped out of her bed, and grabbed her arm. Since (Y/n) was still weak from her injuries, the force of Maisie running forward, pulled her down, and Maisie tripped as well.

Jacob shot out of his chair, and steadied both of them, as (Y/n) coughed harshly.

"Let her go!" Maisie demanded.

Crow chuckled. "She's all vinegar."

Jacob took the knife from Maisie and tossed it aside. He then picked (Y/n) up bridal style, and carried her over to the bed and gently set her down, and pulled the blanket back over her.

"Easy, love. Easy. There you go." Jacob cooed, trying to settle her.

"You need to help Red. She's our friend, she helped us." (Y/n) croaked.

Jacob's face fell, and he gave her an apologetic look. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"She needs her rest." The doctor told him.

"I'll get the lass back to Guelston, and you can go with her. I promised to keep you safe. You'll have a good, long life." Jacob promised.

"But first we'll pay a visit to Castle White Rock." Crow cut in. "We have a date with the King and Queen." 

Crow put on his hat, and coat, and Jacob walked over and picked up his belt, and strapped it on himself, after the doctor pulled out the tube from his arm.

"Jacob, I imagine you could use a drink." Crow said, and patted Jacob's shoulder as they walked out.

Jacob took one last look at (Y/n) over his shoulder, before following Crow above deck.