Chapter 4: A New Captain

——————————🌊——————————

"Captain?"

"Captain?"

"He's coming to."

Crowd's eyes slowly opened, and Jacob's face appeared above him.

"Captain! Captain!" He shouted.

Crow gasped for air and caught violently, spewing the water out of his lungs. He sat up and noticed his crew surrounding him with concerned looks on their faces.

Without a word, Crow stood up, and walked over to the rail, looking at the flock of birds that followed after the Bluster.

Sarah knew what he was thinking and looked around at the ship, seeing all the damage that surrounded it.

"Captain, the mizzen's in splinters, and I don't like the main." Sarah reported.

"She can't fight." Ms. Merino agreed.

"Then we'll come back for the Bluster when she can." Jacob suggested. "Repairs shouldn't take too —."

"Set a course for Three Bridges." Crow interrupted. "We're going home."

And with that, Crow walked off and headed for the Captain's quarters.

...

Jacob sat on a table below deck, with his shirt off, as (Y/n) stood behind him, stitching a wound on his back.

Jacob unwrapped the fabric on his hands and looked around at the other crew members, catching snippets of their conversations.

"If ya know what's good for ya, you'll stay clear of the Captain." Mr. Crisp warned.

"He was close enough to smell that red devil." A woman with a hook hand scowled.

"But if he can't have the Bluster's hide, he'll have ours, to be sure." An older man with a white beard said.

Jacob looked around at the rest of the crew, who were silent. Some of them had bandages wrapped around different parts of their bodies, from their wounds, and they all looked depressed.

Jacob glanced over his shoulder at (Y/n) and quickly looked over her body. She didn't seem to have any serious injuries, which made him very happy.

(Y/n) paused what she was doing when she felt eyes on her, and looked up at Jacob. He gave her a small smile and she returned it, before going back to her work.

"Why it's gloomy as the Helgard trenches in here." Jacob announced.

He hopped off the table and started walking forward, making (Y/n) have to maneuver around the table, so he didn't pull his stitches out. She glared at the back of his head for being so careless, but he didn't notice.

"We've taken some right proper monsters on this hunt, and the royals will pay us accordingly. And then we'll come back, and we'll take that red devil." He encouraged.

The young boy from before stepped forward. "Can we beat it Jacob? They say the Bluster moves the very sea."

"Aye, and it shoots fireballs out of its eyes, they say. It's enough to make your knees wobble."