Chapter 6: The Contest

——————————🌊——————————

Bright light shined through the trees and down on the carriage that Jacob, Sarah, (Y/n), and Captain Crow were riding in.

Jacob's eyes fluttered open and he groaned and ran a hand over his face. He looked across from him and saw Sarah sitting there with her hat slumped over her face.

He glanced next to his left and saw (Y/n) sitting next to him, looking at him with a smirk on her face.

"Well good morning. Glad to know you're still alive. You drank so much, I thought you died." She teased.

"Ugh...not now (Y/n). I feel sick." Jacob groaned.

"Well I'm sorry, but it's your own fault." She said.

"I know, I know." Jacob grunted and leaned his head against her shoulder, and threw an arm around her waist. "Mmm...me head hurts." He whined.

"Awe, poor baby." (Y/n) cooed mockingly. "What do you want me to do about it?"

"Fix it." He mumbled.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, and slowly ran her fingers through his hair, and Jacob sighed contently.

(Y/n) looked ahead and saw that they were approaching the Castle White Rock, where the King and Queen lived.

The castle was huge and elegant, and was mostly white, and gold and had huge golden spirals at the top of its towers.

...

Two guards opened the door to the throne room where the King and Queen where sitting, waiting for the hunters.

Captain Crow entered the room followed by Sarah, Jacob and (Y/n).

The floor was designed like a globe, and had the insignia of the kingdom on it, and above them, a huge skeleton of a sea beast was hanging from the ceiling.

At the end of the room, the King and Queen sat on their elegant thrones, that had high backs to them, that were placed on a raised platform. The King and Queen were dressed in elegant clothes made of rich fabrics, and jewelry and of course their glittering crowns sat atop their heads.

"Well, if it isn't Captain Crow and his loyal mates." The King announced.

Jacob moved over to a table that had some food on it, and grabbed a fruit.

Captain Crow removed his hat and bowed his head. "Your Grace, as you can see, the oceans have offered abundant prey." Crow gestured to the servants that wheeled in the horn of the Brickleback.

"And I see you've taken a full grown Brickleback." The Queen drawled. "A specimen like that garners quite a bounty. But there's something I don't see." The Queen narrowed her eyes at the hunters. "The horn of the Red Bluster."

The hunters looked around at each other, confused as to how she knew that they didn't kill the Red Bluster.

"Admiral Hornagold has reported a rumor..." The Queen gestured to a man beside her.

The Admiral stepped forward. He was a tall, thin man, with short black hair, and side burns, wearing a green outfit, and had a snobbish look on his face.