Chapter 7: Stow Away

——————————🌊——————————

The Inevitable stood tall and proud as it sailed through the sea, preparing to kill the Red Bluster.

...

Captain Crow, Jacob, Sarah, and (Y/n) stood around Crow's desk in the Captain quarters making a plan.

"When we reach the Dregmorr, we'll follow the trenches." Crow said.

"We stay battle ready, clear decks, sharpened flints, and fresh cartridges." Sarah added.

"The Bluster's hide will be plenty thick..." Jacob noted.

"So...long spears then?" (Y/n) suggested.

"Aye, love." Jacob agreed.

"Them archers won't do any good, but we've got plenty of carcass shot." Sarah told them.

"We'll hit it with fire, then go for a sleigh ride. That's the way for something like this." Crow said.

"We're ready Captain. We'll take that red demon." Jacob promised.

...

"For we are hunters!" Crow yelled to the crew.

Crow was standing on a higher level of the ship where the wheel was, while the crew stood below him, listening to his speech.

"And we will bring all of our skill and all of our rage down upon this beast, and there will be justice!" He bellowed.

The crowed cheered and clapped at this.

"But that will not be the end of this great ship. For no one has sailed beyond the Dregmorr Sea. No one knows what dangers lurk in that terrible unknown. But it will be this ship, under Jacob Holland, that will pierce the darkness!" Crow took his spear and pointed it at Jacob.

The crew cheered and patted him on the back in congratulations, and (Y/n) came up and hugged him, and he hugged her back.

"So let's drink to a successful hunt, with many more to come." Crow declared.

The crew lifted Jacob onto their shoulders while more crew members rolled over some barrels of ale. Three crew members hammered in a tap into the barrels, but on the third one, a soft 'Ow' was heard.

Everyone stopped celebrating and turned to the barrel.

"What was that?" (Y/n) asked.

Jacob was placed back on the ground, and walked over to the barrel, tilting it upright, and lifting it up, to reveal Maisie in a crouched position, giving him a sheepish smile. (Y/n) gasped in surprise, as did the rest of the crew.

"You stowed away?" Jacob asked in disbelief.

"I...stowed away." She replied sheepishly.

Jacob ran his hand down his face. "You stowed away." He whispered.

Maisie stood up. "I...yeah..."

"Well we're dropping you off at the nearest port. We're going after the Bluster, and we can't have a kid mucking about." Jacob said firmly.