|+| that was a gift. |+|

a little drabble I felt like sharing~

trigger warnings:

- an arm gets chopped off

- depictions of large amounts of blood

- murder. like, very violent murder

//////

|

///

"huh."

Erys stared down at the piece of paper in her hands, before looking back up.

"I don't recognize this place."

before her, a large stone arena, lost to nature. surrounding her in a semi-circle, six statue ruins, now nothing but stone crumbs. the only remaining statue depicted a sleek, horned figure in prayer, their stone face missing.

the god-eater slowly approached the middle of the arena, staring down at the faded sigils in the stone.

she stood there for a moment, before looking up at the surrounding forest.

"this feels like a trap -"

!!!

Erys narrowly dodged an incoming god-killer, spinning on her heel to face the attacker head-on as it hit the stone.

"...hm. I guess I'll have to exterminate you too."

the god-killer began to cast her sigils, her grimoire appearing before her crossed hands. shards of pure energy began to form around her head, forming a sort of crown.

glancing through her grimoire, she muttered a quiet, "let's get this over with." she took a breath, before hopping into a more offensive stance, stretching her left hand out towards the feral shier whia, who was scrambling to its' hands and knees.

"Deus tibi ignoscat," she began her incantation, reading from a spell page, "as Lucifer fell from grace, so shall ye; return to du -"

S N A P.

a flash of white, and suddenly her entire body went numb.

a second god-killer, its arm contorted into an axe, shuffled back to its feet, stumbling away from Erys.

her severed forearm lay in a growing pool of blood before her.

the remains of her coat's sleeve fluttered into the black pool a few seconds later.

"..."

"......"

"you...cut my coat," Erys muttered, her voice trembling. she drew her arm - or what was left of it, rather - closer, seemingly unfazed by how black ichor still spurted out, the girl staring into the exposed bones. she shakily reached up with her other hand, pinching the remains of her sleeve.

"you cut my coat."

she looked back up at the duo of god-killers.

"that was a gift."

"..."

"..."

"fuck you."

rage quickly made its way through her veins. a rattling growl rattled her throat, before she abruptly shoved her hand into her exposed arm with a loud SQUELCH.

in the blink of an eye, she ripped a new arm from her wound in a violent display of regeneration, black ichor spurting like a geyser across the arena. in her right hand, her grimoire re-materialized as she ran forward, her eyes a blank white. in a flash, a blade erupted from the spine of the spellbook.

"YOU ARE TRULY LOWER THAN THE DIRT."

she shrieked, driving the spear of pure energy into the throat of the axe-armed god-killer. "EVEN THE HELLBEASTS WILL VOMIT UP YOUR CORPSE WHEN THEY FEAST," she screamed, driving the spear deeper, "MAY NOT EVEN GOD FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR SINS."

the god-killer let out a pained gurgle, before exploding in a brilliant flash of light and energy. the other god-killer began to scramble away, only to be interrupted by seven shards of light.

"PERISH."

and that it did, being immediately eradicated by what had to be a hundred bolts of energy through the spine.

...

...

...

after a few moments of standing over the remains of the god-killers, panting, Erys' eyes returned to a milky blue. she swallowed, looking up and around at the stone arena.

the forest was silent.

"mmh." Erys quietly dismissed her grimoire, stepping away from the scene of the crime. she summoned a report paper and a fountain pen, messily scribbling on the parchment;

"12:22 PM, wandered into an unknown part of the northwest grove, a weathered stone platform about 10 feet thick and about 80-100 feet in radius. platform was surrounded by statue ruins and had some unknown sigils engraved in the floor.
was attacked by two shier whia previously undiscovered.
killed the two shier whia.
don't bother sending archangels to collect their bodies.
note: platform is covered in blood. sorry for the mess."

Erys breathed a small sigh, dismissing the report as she walked. she looked at her destroyed coat sleeve, visibly deflating.

"...I liked this coat, too..."

///

|

///