Burning Plastic (Act 2)

Though she couldn't pinpoint it she could tell very few people had worn deodorant that morning. Scorching heat aside she started with simple research by checking out the crime scenes still available. The first of which, a semi-recent occurrence, still had the bloody tire tracks on the street. Police tape fenced it all in as they remained nearby to preserve the evidence's purity. In the end, the only thing of value was seeing in person how small the tracks were.

It was the most recent one, which had happened the night previous that was good as gold. Press was on the scene reporting on the night's events and included interviews with witnesses. Eavesdropping on it she found that the temperature suddenly dropped before it arrived. Looking back on the video footage she realised people's breaths were visible. And not just that, police reported no person was seen to be driving. Again checking the footage it seemed likely based on the lack of reflected light inside. Finally, near the sidewalk curb, she found a broken piece of plastic. On it was a far too similar pink, the chipped red showing underneath.

As much as the thought scared her to confirm it, she now could be fairly certain of her opponent. Thankfully she had dropped by the hobby shop to get some exorcism stickers from Hans. "Just need to stick them to you long enough to work."

Now all she had to do was wait. Even after returning home Birch found the house empty, which is going to make it far harder to stand. Instead of letting the mixture of anticipation and boredom kill her, she drags out all the horror DVDs she had been stalling to watch. Stay Alive or Die Trying along with its surprisingly stellar sequel. Thriller Heights which is more known for its special effects rather than the movie itself. And to top the marathon off, House of the Unknowns which is as psychological as it is body horror.

Popcorn to mouth she blazed through them with only the occasional bathroom break. Dad had arrived just as the credits rolled for House of the Unknowns. Birch was hugging the pillow to the point of strangulation. Ruffling her head he joined her on the couch, putting on some horror comedy to unshake the shaken girl. In the end, the two spent the rest of their time before Mom got back. She blushed to see the two laughing at the accordion-necked villain dancing to his own song. Mother was now joined in the chorus of chuckling at the pure ridiculousness of it all.

Despite the small scolding for leaving no meat out for dinner, the woman let it go immediately. Prompted by circumstance they order in Chinese, the ginger pork being a group favourite. Shaliver did not join them which was nothing new. She would head to her room to not only get prepared for bed. Lights out she listened to the steps creak under her parent's weight. And for a time she listened above for any sign of activity. After a few hours of silence she with mouse-like stealth headed to the main level to sneak out. Locking before leaving she dashed down to what she hoped was its next target.

If not for the horrendous traffic then the number of cop cars made sure you never drove here. From the stories, her fellow peers told her it was the place to get ticketed. An officer quoted as, "Officer Dingleberries," who gets his kicks out of handing out fines like candy is posted to this street. Hamlet street at night is not normally filled with people however they're usually filled with cars headed to clubs in New Fate. Which made Birch certain it was the best place to set a trap.

Instead of sitting on the alley floor where who knows what was on the ground she perched on a ventilation duct. Just close enough from the ground to jump down but high enough to be out of sight. She spent her time on the Monster Murder Party chat board as she waited for the telltale signs.

 She spent her time on the Monster Murder Party chat board as she waited for the telltale signs