Sickly Sweet Treats (Act 2)

Bump

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Bump. Bump.

Silence. Every sense numbed as her heart rate rose to her throat.

Bump Bump.

It was as if it wanted to pop out of her mouth and bolt. Her mind finally places where such sudden panic is from. With a cautious motion she slowly turns her head to find what had found her.

Bump Bump.

White pools bore into her skin in a way so indescribable. Birch jumped in surprise but was soon breathing a sigh of relief. With the way he shook his head she knew Shaliver was just as surprised to see her. He peeked from behind the trash bin and was quick to understand the current dilemma. As he peeked she was able to get a closer look at the faux-feline. Something about the way his fur was even more spikey had her curious. He almost looked like those arched cats in the windows of storefronts.

He points with his tail over to a pile of discarded pews and religious texts. They led up towards a small hole in the wall. Just big enough for herself and her furry friend. Retreating from the alley they currently hid in, they make their way down to one closer to the pews. Birch tests a few spots before climbing from each solid pew upwards. In Spite of the few splinters earned along the way they made steady progress, Shaliver obviously reaching the top before her. As she reaches for the next grip she slips back, making a small creak.

She held in her gasp as she maneuvered towards the side. There were murmurs. Followed by the steps of giggling guards. Tip. Tap. Birch held in her breath. Grabbing one of the semi-damp books she prepared for a fight.

Tip Tap.

The steps were just on the other side.

"Mew?"

Mew?

Their stepping stopped just in front of the pew pileup. Their tones were now the same voices her parents would make at her baby photos. She finally looks up to see Shaliver showing just enough of his head for them not to see his horns. He mimicked with shocking accuracy and even faked a kitty wave. They continued to coo at him from a distance before making their way back to their post. As they did Shaliver motions her inside, which she did without any further hesitation.

In the walls of the stone structure it was somehow more cold than it was outside. They had landed, from how many moldy boxes and mothballed clothes, in the donations room. Some labels on them were labeled to be sent out the day the owner of the place was arrested. She puffed into her hands, attempting to retain warmth. It wasn't long before she noticed the intense stare Shaliver gave her.

He whispered, "Don't ever tell anyone."

Birch just gives him a mischievous look to which his fur spikes up further somehow. She could see him circling her like those black cats from Cat Cemetery. Outside the room the halls were vacant of any life aside from mice. Shaliver took the chance to grab a snack while going down those claustrophobic walls. It was when they saw a light at the end of the tunnel that they could finally witness the gathering.