Sickly Sweet Treats (Act 3)

Birch placed her dinner on the desk before joining Shaliver at the bedside.

"Wish I could say it is good to see you're okay. That would be lying if I did." She pulled her ponytail off and began to distract her hands with it.

"But better alive then not. So Hans is working on a cure for everyone so there's that. The only problem is how to get it to everyone. Some progress is better than none!"

Shaliver's scowl had not fallen yet. "And the video?"

Her positive expression faltered, "He knows. The video and us sneaking in to do it. Thankfully he didn't mention Hans so hopefully he won't try anything with him."

Suddenly a calendar falls onto her lap, the one she had right above her laptop. Shaliver pointed to October 29, the day she originally planned to visit the haunted houses with her friends.

 Shaliver pointed to October 29, the day she originally planned to visit the haunted houses with her friends

"This is when their next meeting is, as for where I can take you there. It's in Old Fate so you might want to take your bike."

"Is that why you left earlier?"

She practically saw the smoke come out his quivering ears, "The sooner the man is dealt with the better. Whatever is in those things have made me nauseous since that first encounter. Nothing stays down and it is pissing me off. The smell is everywhere now which makes spying on them even more painful. But it will be worth it once that man begs for mercy."

Now that she thought about it, the smell never went away for her either. Though it was more like an annoying presence. She attributed it to his enhanced smell, ironic again for the fact he had no visible nose.

"Want me to light some scented candles? Any preferred choices?"

He shook his head, "Actually that is not necessary. It would seem your house is absent of that wretched stench. Good for you. Would be nice to light some though, maybe those apple cinnamon ones?"

Birch patted his head while fetching them from downstairs, along with a soft blanket. He didn't fight as she wrapped him in the pleasant fabric. With how little energy he had, having the extra help for warmth was nice.

"We're going to need to do something about him before we distribute the cure." She said as she lit the rose red candles.

"Kill him."

"Absolutely not."

"Why? He is the root of the problem."

"Without him we can't gather them all in one place, besides murder should be the last resort. If we want to make him pay then maybe we can shave his head. Eyebrows included." Shaliver snickered at the idea.

"So then how do we stop it then?"

"If you spied on him did he use the whistle then too?"

He thought for a moment before answering, "Yes. In fact those people snapped up like those stupid dol-"