Game Night Gone Wrong (Act 2)

The rolling of thunder had begun to mesh with the rolling of dice. Birch didn't dare look back at the two whom she could feel their animosity. Thankfully a distraction arrived to make them forget that for a moment. A door whose carvings imitated curling vines with pointed leaves. Lou obliged to help but Shaliver said he would, saying he was going to "make up" for earlier. The two were about to start something but Birch coughed into her hand. She dismissively waved her hand and pushed at the door.

Huh. This is heavy.

Continuing to put her whole weight into the door she found it exhausting. When looking back to her friend and/or roommate she found them just leaning against the other wall. She signaled for help but Lou simply smiled. She sighed as she glanced over to the faux-cat. Shaliver appeared just as uneager to assist, evening using his tail to give her a thumbs up. Strange. They grew more amused the longer she attempted to get the damn door open. She continued this for another minute before eventually relenting. Asking politely the two looked at each other and nodded. Lou strutted over and easily pulled the handle to the large door. Birch didn't even give him a reaction, something that still had him snickering.

Candles suddenly lit up as the chamber doors wheezed open. It was rank with what was equivalent to a compost bin. Pumpkin guts were spilled all over the browned grass. Knives were plunged deep into the craniums of the festive gourd which vary in shape and size. One was big enough to sit in, to which Shaliver nibbled at. In the center was a key in a dirt filled pot, its eyes glowed in the dim candle light. Upon closer inspection the design's inspiration was of the modern day jack-o-lanterns. Wriggling it out of the vines rooting it she takes the key. There was a gentle shaking of the house which subsided soon after.

The announcer dryly said, "Player 1 has acquired the Pumpkin Key." Shaliver noticed the rather large pumpkin he was eating flinched for a moment, the candle inside attempting to light. He would watch it try once more but he swatted the candle into submission. The other two didn't seem to notice when heading for the door. Before exiting the distant dice rolled and far off the sounds of the announcer echoed.

Checking the surrounding rooms they make an interesting discovery and clue. That based on the closest key the areas around it will more subtly show it through their design motifs. Like the wooden desks would have the same vines as the door and wallpapers would show repeated images of pumpkins. This could help figure out when they're getting closer to new keys. Again the announcer's voice echoes in the distance so she walks in its general direction. As they went they passed a suit of armor, a classic one for teen mystery solving cartoons of the 70s. Lou stopped to eye it up and down. He reaches for the blade's hilt, pulling at it like he was the future king of Camelot. It doesn't take long before with a tug it is pulled out.

Flat on his back the announcer booms, "You've acquired the knight's blade." Getting up from the ground he inspects the sword while nodding in approval. Swiping the hilt as well he begins to jokingly pose with them earning a giggle out of her, and Shaliver to his oblivity.

Now the once muffled announcer was a bit louder yet still far off.

"AHA!" she says running towards where the voices direction. The two follow behind, only pausing when the announcer is getting louder in the distance. No matter what scares and traps got in their way they trailblazed to the announcer's incoming voice. Lou and Shaliver soon caught on and made even more of an effort to keep up with the increasingly fast girl. This had the unfortunate effect of them slamming into Presely at the next corner. Shaliver had thankfully dodged it and watched as the trio immediately realized who they had just tackled. Lou's arms crushed the three into a tight embrace, happy tears running down his face.

Presely is quick to catch them up on her side. Thankfully she rolled her way out of the hell pit she was dumped in. Didn't take long before finding herself in a stitched together hallway radiating a rotting scent. She would have stayed longer if not for the mad man cackling nearby. Of course the horseman thing was certainly another motivator to leave.