Game Night Gone Wrong (Act3)

THWACK!

THWACK!

The back of his head stung from the sturdy slap. Lou whipped his head back to hiss at his trailing shadow. But it was simply Shaliver who didn't give him a response, instead he just sternly glared. Before the hissy fit could continue Birch pointed ahead to a set of double doors. This wakes him from his bloodthirst and has him racing ahead. He swiftly opens them, all three making the sharp turn inside. He dives in and slams the doors shut. He takes out his sword and places it between the handles. Then with no help effortlessly lifts the couch and other items to block the way in. Presely, fascinated, clapped as he worked. Monsters growled, moaned and screaming yet the double doors remained closed. Dice crashed against the ceiling while something annoyingly grumbled.

Lou joins the group to see something laying atop the fireplace, an unnoticed addition to the modified living room. In the crackling light the copper key, the most plain looking of them, was ready to be claimed. Presely took the first brave step towards it. But with each step she was a little higher off the floor, along with farther from the key. Birch and Lou try to join her but the room breaks down around them, the floorboards separating in chunks. Objects floating in a stormy sky. Game pieces, dice and cards were mixed in with the chaotic mess. And above it all was a spiral eyed figure cloaked in darkness. His voice tettered between insanity and frustration.

Dice clattered in his invisible hands before landing on double sixes. Furniture, along with Lou, flew as the monsters broke in.

"Stop them! Maim them! No play!"

The girls began jumping from board to board like possessed frogs. Shaliver extends his tail outward to catch the flung Lou. Before he can get him up to the fireplace a barrage of arrows forces him to throw the boy to the nearest platform. His tail narrowly escapes from becoming two halves of a whole. He lands on the loveseat, thankfully not sending both of them farther in the process. Lou cradles in the chair, mouth being covered again.

Presely dodges the incoming dice in an ever more frantic manner. Yet from the corner of her eye is able to spot Birch getting closer to the fireplace. "Hey!" She yells to the freckled friend, "CATCH!" The Egyptian Key flies through the air, Birch just catching it with her fingertips. As she examines the key she finds her friends are farther behind, and struggling to make it. She is about to go back to them; however Presely gives her thumbs up and wink. Birch hesitates but nods as she keeps her pace going upward.

Presely calls out for Lou, who is now trembling in the loveseat. He scratches at his back with sharpened claws. The skin on his back feels like they're being pulled by invisible tweezers. This fades, along with the last of Lou. From his shirt sprouts a set of batlike wings that were twice as big as him. His fangs scratch his chin as they extend from his mouth, his ears growing with them. What once were his normal feet were replaced with talons that tore the chair easily. The enormous wings launch him high into the air as he triumphantly screeched.

Sweet yet spicy, like a cinnamon heart.

PReSelY.

Diving at her at full speed the only thing she could do was close her eyes.