3

After a week, the House of Targaryen is being vigorous in preparing for the princess's 17th birthday celebration. Loud bands are practising their piece, the guards are securing the perimeters and the guests of different houses are arriving on the shore of King's Landing.

Meanwhile, Alexa is having a normal routine as she continues her work and didn't intrude on herself at her step-sister's party. But she knows that she has something nice to present to the princess, however, she is just nervous about entering the hall for the first time.

"I heard that the princess's festivity will be grand! I wish I can go with you there." Lorcus came while dumping her new blade into a water

"If only I can give it to you. I don't want to pretend that I belong up there." She rambled.

"Sounds jealous to me." I glared at him. "You know that every Princess Rhaenyra's birthday comes, you always babble it. If you want to have the same elegant celebration for your naval, then request it from your father."

"I am not jealous of my sister, I actually like where we are right now. My only issue is that this is the first time that they invited me to the mansion, and I need to pretend like I'm one of them."

"Is it hard to be part of the royal family?"

"Yes. And we both know that the Queen is... well how am I settle this in one word? Oh yes, the queen does hate me." The blacksmith sarcastically replied to her friend.

"But remember that the king agrees, even the celebrate. You have an ally there, Alexa. Maybe just keep yourself in and drink, don't do anything stupid. Also, you can have a dialogue with her."

Lorcus pointed to the woman in a long dress who approached Alexa's workspace with 2 guards at her back.

"Good day, Alexa."

"Nice meeting you again Lady Hightower."

"Please, enough with the title, I am not such thing as a Lady." Alicent spoke.

"I'm Lorcus Belevent, Alexa's good lad." Lorcus is introduced to the woman.

"Are you Alexa's workmate too?" Alicent asked.

"No, madam. But I work down the path as a house taker, you know, I manage the cleanliness of a home."

"Ah." Then the awkward silence arises. "Is this my dress for tonight?" Alexa break the barrier as she pointed to the dress that Alicent holding.

"Indeed. The princess said you are not a fan of wearing a nightgown, instead, she prepared you something elegant for a gentleman." Alicent gave the coat to Alexa.

"Aside from her big, muscled shoulders, she also has big-" Alexa stomped Lorcus's foot as he was about to reveal Alexa's physique.

"Ouch?!"

"You have work to finish, right? Move along now, Lorcus." Alexa glared at her friend.

"At least warned me. Fucking hell." And Lorcus started to walk away with a problem of walking straight.

"Why did you do that to your friend?"

"He's just being an arse. Anyways, what time should I go there? I practically need to follow the orders from the King and Queen."

"The guards will be escorted you to the entrance."

"No need, I don't want to attract an audience from the royal guards." Alexa retorted.

"Then I will come here later, all by myself."

"Alicent, you're a beautiful girl, if you go down here by yourself, I bet you'll never reach me in time." Alexa smirked at Alicent who was got frightened by her warning.

"Is that a threat?"

"A clue, perhaps. I told you, I'm the one who will go there. Maybe just wait for me at the entrance, if it's fine with you."

"But the princess order-"

"I know what's her arrangement with you, but this will be a safer way for you, my dear friend."

"I'm your friend?"

"You want less than that or more than that?" Again, Alexa flashes her playful scowl, and Alicent is reddened.

"I like to be friends with you."

"Then it settled. So what time should I go there?" Alexa smiled.

"Before the moon shines."

"I'll see you then, Alicent."

"I'll wait for your arrival, King's first daughter." And that's the first time, Alicent sneered at Alexa.

"Clever girl."

-//-

When people start to clean their tables and post, Alexa started to bathe herself with her clean water and organise her suit to wear. A nice leather pants and long sleeve polo was given to her. She fixed her silver-haired and finally it was done.

One thing for sure is that she was surprised by the sigil on her suit. Three-headed dragons, just his father's symbol.

"A dragon yet I don't have any of it. Should I change my clothes?" Alexa asked herself. "Rhaenyra will be mad if I tried to change it." She continued. "Also her mother will be pissed." Alexa sighed and decided, "I'm not a full-blood Targaryen, so I don't deserve to wear a Targaryen sigil with pride and joy."

Alexa wore off the upper cloth and change it from her white sleeves which Rhaenyra gifted to her on the 20th naval day.

"Much better." Alexa is already satisfied with her outfit and ready to go to her sister's party. She didn't forget her self-made gift for Rhaenyra as she put it in a box.

"Looking good, mate." Lorcus saw Alexa as she was walking up to the gates of the castle.

"Thank you, Lorcus. But I should have not been too confident. I'm still a bastard."

"Don't think like that, Lex. Just for this night, try not to remember yourself as a King's bastard. You have the true blood of a Targaryen."

"I'll try. As long as I'm not in the queen's way, or Daemon's."

"Just have fun in there, lad. Look, your lady is waiting for you at the gates."

Alexa saw Alicent at the gates where some of the guests are arriving too for the festivity. "She's not my lady. She's my friend."

"Then good luck to keep your cock in a deep sleep." The two friends laughed about it. "Fuck off. I'll see you tomorrow, Lorcus."

"Have a great night, Alexa." And they both separated ways. Alexa is moving toward the gates and Alicent noticed her.

"I see you change the dress code that Princess Rhaenyra instructed for you."

"I'm not suited for that one. But do you think I look great with this combination?" Alexa asked Alicent, but Lady Hightower was so impressed by the King's firstborn. 

"I think every combination of a colour or dress is perfect for you, Alexa."

"Is that how you make fun of me?"

"No! I-I'm telling the truth!"

"I'll take it as a compliment."

"It is, actually. Anyways, let's move on, the party is about to begin."

"Alright, I hope this will be a fine night for my sister."

"It will be an incredible evening for the Targaryen family."

"I hope so."