11

"Marry someone?!" I was astounded when my father confronted me.

"I know, daughter, but this is the only way for you to stay here in the castle, with us."

"I am not ready to be committed to anyone!" I angrily whispered.

"Alexa, I need to be certain when you are safe. You are still my child, I can't let any danger come to you."

"Believe me, father. I've come through many challenges in my life and yet I'm still alive. Also, I am an adult woman, I know how to protect myself."

"You don't understand child, something is coming to you and our family. We can't risk that, we need to keep our name brave and keen."

"So this is about the name. Your grace, I don't own your name. I am your bastard child, everyone calls me the cursed one! And I've been living in that way ever since." I ranted to the king and his guards are glaring at me.

"I am fine with my little home, I am safe there, if I have to face a new difficulty, I can help myself." I walked out with furrowed eyes. I am so upset with him.

"You're disrespecting your king, bastard." The guard stopped me and I realized it was the guard who I caught kissing Rhaenyra.

"Let her be, Sir Criston. My daughter needs to think thoroughly." King Viserys ordered this pathetic man. What a wuss.

"Consider it, Alexa. I need to be a father to you." "You already made it and I cherish it, Sir."

I left the hall and continue to walk towards the exit until I hit someone since I was a big woman, the old man went through the ground.

"I am very sorry, sir. My mind was preoccupied." I apologized.

"No need to apologize, I wasn't looking at my way too." When we looked together it was no other than the Hand of the King.

"Forgive, my lord." I bowed my head to him. "Ah. The King's first daughter. Such privilege to see you again here at the castle."

"The king wants to discuss some unimaginable statement with me, but I can assure you, I will never be around here."

"The king is an honest and knowledgable man, what could conceivably you think his judgements are questionable?"

"For me to be able live here, I need to marry someone with an influential background. I mean all Westerosis knows that I am troublesome. It is a very humiliating part for me."

"King Viserys has reasons for every decision he brought about. Do you perhaps know it?"

"He said that he wants me to protect me from some God knows what. I-I'm sorry Lord Hightower, but I need to be alone for a while. I'm just tired from my long journey." I lowered my head again and respectfully dismissed myself.

-//-

Otto looked at the walking away Alexa with a little smirk on his lips again. "Father." It was Alicent. "You have a long talk with the King's First Daughter."

"Are you listening to us? How long have you been?"

"No father I just caught you two having a conversation. I saw Alexa's frustrated face. Is she doing well, father?"

"I don't think so. For all I know, her father wants to live with the royal family." Otto replied.

"Then it must be good news! She should take that chance." Alicent was so delighted.

"But it upsets the Blacksmith that she needs to marry someone noteworthy, so she can be named aside from Blackfyre."

"But... But why? I mean... What would be the reason? I think that is a very tough ambition of the king for his daughter."