Chapter 4

Liam's POV

Liam had spent the rest of the day avoiding the other people in his house. He could hear Thomson talking and laughing with his friends. It made it feel like he was being overdramatic. It was like none of them understood why he was feeling this way.

Eventually, the noise had died down and Liam assumed that both Kasey and Calvin had left. He was lying on his bed, his room being pitch black. There was the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, then a soft knock on Liam's door. "Go away, Thomson! Please, stop trying to comfort me!" Liam groaned, rolling in his bed to face the door.

"I'm not here to comfort you, I swear." Thomson said through the door. "I was just wondering if you'd want to hangout."

"Did your friends leave? Or are you just pitying me?" Liam got up and opened the door.

"Well, Kasey left, but Calvin is still here. He's staying over, again."

"You know, maybe it's time he goes home and makes amends with his family. This isn't a hotel, and he definitely doesn't live here!" Liam looks over and sees Calvin standing a few feet behind Thomson, watching their conversation. Calvin turns and walks into Thomson's room.

"You know he can't do that. He's welcome to stay here as long as he wants, even if that means he'll be here for the next month." Thomson doesn't let Liam argue as he turns to go to his room. Liam angrily slams his door, letting himself fall onto his bed.

Calvin's POV

Calvin was sitting on Tommy's bed. He was putting on his shoes. There was the sound of a door loudly slamming, then Tommy stormed into the room. He stopped in the doorway and stared at Calvin. "What the hell are you doing?" Calvin glances at him then continues putting his shoes on. Tommy quickly walks over to him. He pulls the shoe that Calvin was trying to put on out of Calvin's hand, throwing it across the room. Calvin finally stops and looks at him. Tommy puts his hands up, gesturing to Calvin in a way that repeats his question.

"I'm going home." Calvin reaches over and grabs his other shoe. Tommy quickly takes it from him.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm clearly not wanted here," Calvin shrugs. "Why would I stay in a place that I'm not welcome in?"

"You are wanted here! Just because one person doesn't like your presence doesn't mean everyone wants you gone!"

"Tommy, I've stayed in a house with someone that didn't want me there for the past few months. I'm so tired of the passive aggressive stares and the pretending they don't mind me when we're around the other people in the house. At least if I go home, I know how they all feel about me!" Calvin gets up and pulls his shoe out of Tommy's hand. Tommy just stands there, not even attempting to take the shoe back.

"I have an idea," Tommy suddenly blurts out. Calvin looks at him, waiting for him to finish his thought. "Come with me," Tommy pulls Calvin off the bed, throwing him his second shoe as they leave the room. "Wait down there," Tommy points down the stairs. Calvin goes downstairs and waits. He hears some conversation between the two brothers, then loud footsteps coming down the stairs. Tommy comes down the stairs, Liam suspiciously trailing behind him. Calvin and Liam exchange a look of confusion. "Both of you put your jackets on and get in the car."

"The hell are we doing, Tommy?" Calvin asks.

"Um... yeah. What's going on?" Liam nervously glanced between Tommy and Calvin.

"Both of you just get your arses in the damn car!" Tommy pushes them out the door. Calvin climbs into the passenger seat and Liam gets in the back, Tommy sitting in the driver's seat. He pulls out of the driveway without saying a word.