Chapter 14

Liam's POV

Liam wakes up to his phone ringing. He moves up and grabs it, checking the caller ID. When he sees it's Alban, he throws the phone under the pillow. The ringing stops, then it starts again. Groaning, he pulls the phone to his face and accepts the call.

"Why are you calling me so early in the morning?"

"Ok, first of all, it's the afternoon and I'm outside your house with Evan and Keagan. Do you remember we were supposed to hang out today? Hurry and get ready."

"I hate you guys." Liam hangs up and gets dressed, wearing the hoodie that Calvin gave him. Walking downstairs, Tommy gives him a weird look.

"Have you washed that thing at all? It's going to start smelling really bad."

"Shut up! It's the only thing that I have from him. Let me be happy."

"Ok relax damn."

"I'm going to hang out with some friends. I'll be back in a bit." Liam walks to the door and down the pathway, getting into the back seat of the car. He looks over and smiles at Evan. Keagan then turns around, looking angry from the passenger seat.

"Where the hell were you? Like dude, we planned this out. What the hell?" She then looks at the hoodie. "Why are you wearing Calvin's hoodie? Are you dating?"

"No, I'm not dating him? I didn't even know that this was Calvin's hoodie. It probably got mixed up in the wash."

"Why do you care so much, Kea?" Evan looks at her. "You guys haven't been a thing for a while."

"I care because that gross man is a pervert. I hate him because he's gross."

Liam leans back into the car seat and sighs. Looking out the window, he watches as things go by. Evan reaches over and hits his leg, giving him a smile. Liam smacks his hand away and rolls his eyes.

"Don't touch me weirdo." Liam smiles playfully. Evan leans over to whisper in his ear.

"Why is it because you have a boyfriend?"

Liam looks at him in shock, smacking his shoulder. "You shut up."

"Wait, really?" Evan sat back, shocked. "I thought you hated him?"

"Things change," Liam said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, then, what changed? I thought he was an arse."

"I-"

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Keagan interrupts Liam.

"Nothing," Evan tells her. "We are just bashing Calvin."

"Well, let me join," Keagan whines. Evan gives Liam an apologetic smile and Liam rolls his eyes.

"Fine. So, are we talking about how much of an arse he is?"

"Something like that." Liam mutters.

"Alright, one of you can just continue the conversation and I'll add on."

"Okay. So, Calvin... that guy really only cares about himself," Evan hesitantly says, glancing over at Liam.

"Omg, you're right. He doesn't care about anyone. When I dated him, he was always disappearing. He's such a liar too. I mean, he was always like 'I had family stuff to deal with'," Keagan says in her best Calvin impression. "Like, whatever. You barely even have a family, so what is there to deal with?" Keagan continued to ramble. The anger was bubbling in Liam as he fought to not say something. Evan looked over at him, his eyes filling with concern. Liam only now realized that tears were starting to spill over his eyelids.