Chapter 6

Liam's POV

"Why did you text me?" Liam asks Keagan once he sees her again.

"It's a long story and I would rather not."

"Well, you need to, because it was completely out of the blue."

"Okay, let's just say I realized I was being a dick."

"Yeah, something's up because you would never do that."

"I am capable of surprises."

"Not when it comes to this."

"What does that mean?"

"You just don't accept your faults. You have always been like that."

"Why can't you accept that maybe I've changed?"

"I didn't know the word change was even in your vocabulary."

"I didn't come here to fight."

"Then let's not fight."

"Okay, so catch me up on everything."

"There's not much to tell."

"There has to be something. Especially since I'm hearing stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Just some stuff about you and... a futball captain." Liam let out a groan. Great, now there is a rumor going around.

"Nothing is going on. He's just a friend."

"Are you sure he knows that?"

"Yes! Just because I'm hanging out with a new person doesn't mean anything."

"Okay, if you say so. Speaking of friends, how's Evan? I haven't heard from him in a while."

"Last time I heard from him, Thomson was punching him."

"What? Thomson? Your sweet older brother?"

"He's not sweet. Yeah, that's the Thomson I'm talking about, considering he's the only one I know."

"What the fuck?" She turns to face Liam.

"It's kinda a long story."

"Well, tell me."

"He said something mean about me being fatherless and Thomson got mad."

"That was rather short. Okay, we can fix this." She jumps up, grabbing Liam's arm forcing him to her car outside.

"What are you doing?"

"Fixing your mess. Evan is your best friend. You love him more than anything. You guys are going to grow some balls and figure your shit out." She starts to drive towards Evan's house.

Once they get there, Liam hangs back as Keagan knocks on the door. After a few awkward moments, Evan answers the door. At first, confusion surfaces on his face, but then he sees Liam and gets mad.

"What the fuck are you doing at my house?"

"Don't yell at him!" Keagan warns him.

"I don't want him here. Go away." He tries to slam the door shut, but Keagan holds her hand out, making it stay open.

"Stop being an arsehole. You are going to listen to him and talk. He is your best friend."

"Not anymore."

"Yes, he is. Now move aside, we have a conversation to have." Evan reluctantly backs away from the door, letting them both in. Liam feels so out of place and unwelcomed. They take a seat on the couch, making sure to not sit anywhere near each other.