Chapter 7

Liam's POV

It had been a few hours since Thomson had interrogated Liam and Calvin. Liam was sitting in his room, playing games on his laptop, when Thomson suddenly burst in. "Where is he?!" He accusingly asked Liam.

"Huh?"

"Where is Calvin?"

"He's not in your room?" Liam closed his laptop as he gave his brother his full attention.

"Would I be asking where he was if he were in my room? Don't you think that's the first place I checked?"

"Geez, sorry. Why don't you just call him?"

"I think he turned his phone off. What was the last thing he said before you left my room earlier?"

"He just said that he was going to pack just in case you wanted him gone."

"Well, apparently he decided for me."

"You were really considering making him leave?" Liam looks at Thomson, surprised.

"No, but in his mind, I was. Calvin doesn't always realize that just because someone is mad at him doesn't mean they hate him. He's just used to everyone giving up on him. Ugh, whatever. You're going to help me find him."

"Eh... why do I have to help?"

"Because it's partially your fault he left."

"How the hell is it my fault?!" Liam stood up from his desk, despite being too short to be at eye level with his brother.

"Because you won't just tell me what happened! That's the only reason I was angry. You both choose to keep things from me instead of just coming clean. Why not just tell me what happened? I'm going to assume the worst otherwise." Thomson rambled on.

"I was drinking!" Liam suddenly blurted out. Thomson paused for a second. His eyes went wide, then filled with disappointment.

"What the hell did you just say?"

"I was drinking, alright? That's why Calvin gave me a ride home! That's why it took him so long to go back to your room!"

"Why the hell were you drinking? Did you learn nothing from the last time you tried this shit?! Calvin didn't take advantage of you, did he?! God, Liam! You're going to throw your entire life away. It's going to all go down the drain!"

"Thomson! Calvin didn't do anything! He was just making sure I was alright! And stop acting like a parent and act like a brother! Just because I drink every once in a while, doesn't mean I'm throwing my life away!"

"Ok! Whatever! Just shut up! We need to find Calvin. There are very few places he has to go."

"What are the options for where he can go?"

"Um... He can go home, he can go to his aunt's, or he could make some horrible mistake and go hook up with someone." Liam feels something in his stomach twist, but decides it's nothing.

"So, he could literally be anywhere?" Liam realizes.

"Aye," Thomson sighs as they both head for the door. Liam is in disbelief that he's really going to help look for Calvin. Why would he help find someone he can't stand being around?

"Where are we going to start?" Liam asked Thomson as they climbed into the car.

"I guess we'll start with a visit to his father." Liam feels uneasy about the idea.

"Are you sure he turned his phone off?"

"Why else wouldn't he answer me? He rarely ignores me." Liam nods, looking out the window. After some thought, he takes out his phone and goes through his contacts. "What are you doing?"