Chapter 12

Liam's POV

In the middle of the night, Liam wakes up to Calvin climbing into bed with him. Making room for him, he scoots towards the wall.

"I didn't mean to wake you up, so don't try to kill me." Calvin pulls him closer and cuddles him. Liam's eyes widen a bit before he relaxes.

"Wow, you're being so nice right now. Did Tommy strangling you change your personality?"

"No, I just wanted to be close to you for a while before I have to leave. We dont have much longer and while I would like to spend that time between your legs, Tom Tom will fucking murder me." Liam laughs and smiles a bit.

"So you're just here for some cuddle time?"

"Yeah, I need to love on you for a bit after that run in with death." Calvin looks at Liam with a smile, rubbing his side lightly. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I ache a bit, but other than that, I'm feeling really good. I'm happy and you are here with me, so it's all good."

"I think that's the first time you have ever said anything remotely nice about me." Liam softly hits his chest

"I've said other nice things."

"Other than something sexual or something about my body?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess I haven't really said anything nice then. But you do have a lovely body."

"I hate you so much sometimes."

"Nah, you love me."

"Calvin, can we just go to sleep? What time is it, anyway?"

"Um... I think it's like 3am."

"Makes sense. It's the witching hour and the spawn of Satan is in my room." Calvin lightly hits Liam on the shoulder. "Ow! Don't hit me!" Liam pushes Calvin's face away, giggling.

"You're right, though. We should probably go to sleep. We only have two hours." Liam doesn't respond but turns around so that his face is in Calvin's chest. Calvin holds Liam tighter, like he's afraid that everything is going to just disappear if he lets go.

After some time, Calvin drifts off to sleep, but Liam stays wide awake as he enjoys just lying in Calvin's embrace. With his head to Calvin's chest, Liam listens to Calvin's soft breathing, thinking about how much he's going to miss this in just a few short hours. Eventually, Liam finally falls asleep, his breathing slowly matching the rhythm of Calvin's.

Once Liam wakes up in the morning, he feels strangely cold. After a couple of seconds, he realizes that Calvin's arms are no longer around him. In a panic, he sits up and looks around the room. It's too dark to see anything, but he hears quick footsteps moving across the room. Suddenly, arms wrap around him and the warmth returns. "It's alright, I'm still here," Calvin tells Liam in a soothing voice.

"What time is it?"

"It's nearly 5 in the morning. It's almost time to go." Calvin lets go of Liam and moves to turn on the lamp on Liam's nightstand. When the light comes on, he can finally see Calvin again, but it's not the happy or sarcastic Calvin he was hoping to see. Calvin's eyes were red from crying and there were bags under his eyes. The look on his face made Liam's eyes start to tear up. "Please, don't. Don't cry in front of me. If you cry, then it's going to make this so much harder." Liam wipes his eyes, then jumps up, throwing his arms around Calvin.

They hold each other for a few minutes, but then it becomes apparent that they don't have any more time. Liam gets dressed and they head downstairs, where Thomson is already waiting. "Are you ready, Calvin?" Thomson asks him, clearly holding back tears himself.