Chapter 13

October, one year later...

Pov. Harry Styles

''Louuu, are we almost there?" I ask for the umpteenth time.

''Yes almost, stop whining'' chuckles Louis. He's taking me on a date today because we've been together for a year. Then the car suddenly stops, in the middle of the road. I look at Louis with big eyes.

''Are we fucking pegged on the road now?'' I ask in frustration. Louis nods softly. I growl irritated.

''Sorry baby, I'll call the towing service in a minute but we have to push the car off the motorway onto the hard shoulder first'' says Louis. I roll my eyes irritably but then help him push the car aside anyway.

After about ten minutes, the car is finally on the breakdown lane. I climb back into the car while Louis stands outside calling a towing service.

How could he be so stupid not to fill up? He can drive a car, I can't and it was his date, he shouldn't have let it get this far.

Then he comes back to sit in the car. He looks at me guiltily as I try to avoid his gaze.

''I'm sorry, baby'' he whispers.

''That's the least you can say'' I reply bluntly.

''Do you think I planned this then?'' he asks. He is right about that.

''What was the surprise?'' I ask softly.

''A dinner on the beach'' he replies. He takes my hand which makes me look at hell. ''I'm really sorry baby. And I understand if you are disappointed. But do you want to come out with me for a moment?" he asks. I nod after which he smiles softly and climbs out of the car too. When we meet on the hard shoulder, he takes both my hands. ''Dear, dear Harry. I know this is a bit different from how we both imagined it but it is now and I love you, I love you. I want you with me forever and that's why...'' he takes something out of his pocket and gets down on his knee. ''Will you marry me?'' he asks.

''Yes, yes sure, Lou'' I reply. He smiles and slides the ring on my finger. It fits like a glove. I press my lips to his and pull him tighter against me.